Monday, December 17, 2007

"Chuggy Chuggy Choo Choo" ~ Michael {says daily}

Have I ever talked about my son's affection for trains? Oh how he LOVES his trains. Whenever he hears one whistling his eyes open wide & he stops in his tracks, at a complete standstill {yes, my son is still} then looks at me & says "Momma, did you hear that? It's a train!" He knows {and makes up} many train songs. Saturday my dad thought it would be fun to take the kids on the train into Albequerque, hang out for a bit & ride the train back. After finally getting all of the kids bundled up {it was 30* out!}, packing the diaper bag and loading up the car we were running to catch the train. Oh we were a sight to be seen. But we made it! We boarded the train - Michael was SUPER excited - and started taking pictures. We got off in downtown Abq and enjoyed some creamy hot cocoa provided by a Cold Stone cart then walked to Cold Stone for some ice-cream. It was the best hot chocolate I've had ever and of course I am never one to not like ice-cream. Then it was time to board the train so we got more hot cocoa, replaced three escaped balloons and began taking more pictures. I have 122 just from the train trip on file - this is after deleting some of the blurry & unflattering ones. I'm sure there are still more of both but I got tired. So here's some of my favorite shots that we got, I *think* I have at least one of everyone - we didn't get the group shot we tried for. My 13 year old brother took many photos of Michael and really has a creative eye. I hope he pursues some kind of photography class. He also took some interesting shots of the trains.





By the way, did I mention that a friend e-mailed me saying she would hold onto her sons train table, trains & tracks for Michael when we got back home? Her son doesn't play with it so often and she remembered how much fun Michael had with it. It will be like Christmas all over again - plus another reorganizing project for me, double bonus!
Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

Motherwise said...

Sounds like a lot of fun. And I bet the Cold Stone was so good because they don't skimp on the fat in that stuff - yum. How sweet of your friend to think of Michael with the train table. Nice photos too.

Anonymous said...

What a great afternoon! My grandparents used to take me into Chicago on the train when I was little...I still remember those trips vividly.

tammi said...

Oh, that looks like SO much fun!!! Those are awesome pictures! I especially like the one looking out the train window and seeing the little guy's reflection.

Biddy said...

he would LOVE my house. i live about a 10 second drive from the train tracks....many nights i think a train is coming in the back door...

Christine - Tutorial Addict :) said...

OH I LOVE THOSE PICTURES! It looks like so much fun! He really does have an artistic eye! The one's of michael and his reflection are definetily my favs! Oh, the one's of you are too :-D And yay for your friend and new trains! Michael is going to LOVE THEM!

Andrea said...

Great pictures -- you're right, your brother definitely has a talent!!

hrpeters said...

I was crazy about trains when I was Michael's age too. I completely understand. We just received your wonderful Christmas letter and photo. What a great picture! I love how your hubby looks down at you and his kids with his chest swelled with pride.

My Cleaning Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones