Today is a day of mixed emotions for me. I'm thankful for the two loud mouths, four sticky grabby hands, two spunky personalities, four feet running around, four bright eyes and two big smiles that make me a mommy. Through all of the diaper changes, disciplining and cleaning up after my kids bring a smile to my face and a unique love to my heart. I love the phases that each are in. Michael is growing up so much and becoming more independent. Lydia is growing out of being a baby and running full speed into toddlerhood.
At the same time I think of my mom and how much I miss her. Over a year after her sudden and tragic death and I still have the quick thought to call her up or send her pictures. My heart aches. This year is especially difficult because the preliminary trial for her murderer is just two days away. I'm glad that it's finally happening, leading up to this point sometimes it felt like justice would never be served. But at the same time it's difficult. I would like to be at the trial but of course that can't happen. Also being that it's a preliminary trial justice still won't be served and it could take up to another year before the actual trial begins.
This year I have something else to look forward to though. My husband is on his way home for R&R so I am excited and distracted from some of my thoughts with last items to check of my list of things to do. Yesterday a couple of teenagers came asking if I wanted my yard mowed & edged so I happily took them up on their offer. So today I just have laundry, the floors, some organizing and cleaning to do.
I hope everyone has a wonderful day no matter who you are spending it with. I'm sending out ((hugs)) and prayers to those who are saddened by the loss of their mother, a child or the dream of having children being unfulfilled. I hope you all get some time to relax and be pampered in some way. If no one is home to pamper you then treat yourself to a warm bubble bath, dinner out or order in - anything that you would enjoy.
Thanks for stopping by!
At the same time I think of my mom and how much I miss her. Over a year after her sudden and tragic death and I still have the quick thought to call her up or send her pictures. My heart aches. This year is especially difficult because the preliminary trial for her murderer is just two days away. I'm glad that it's finally happening, leading up to this point sometimes it felt like justice would never be served. But at the same time it's difficult. I would like to be at the trial but of course that can't happen. Also being that it's a preliminary trial justice still won't be served and it could take up to another year before the actual trial begins.
This year I have something else to look forward to though. My husband is on his way home for R&R so I am excited and distracted from some of my thoughts with last items to check of my list of things to do. Yesterday a couple of teenagers came asking if I wanted my yard mowed & edged so I happily took them up on their offer. So today I just have laundry, the floors, some organizing and cleaning to do.
I hope everyone has a wonderful day no matter who you are spending it with. I'm sending out ((hugs)) and prayers to those who are saddened by the loss of their mother, a child or the dream of having children being unfulfilled. I hope you all get some time to relax and be pampered in some way. If no one is home to pamper you then treat yourself to a warm bubble bath, dinner out or order in - anything that you would enjoy.
Thanks for stopping by!



4 comments:
Happy Mother's Day, Rebecca.
I can only imagine the mixed feelings you are experiencing on this day.
Keep us posted on the trial...
((hugs))
Happy Mother's Day.
((My heart goes out to you))
Happy (somewhat belated!) Mothers Day to you, too! You'll be in my prayers over the coming days.
Happy (belated) mother's day to you....
I'm sorry that your mom has gone in such a tragic way. I was not aware of this before, I'm very sorry.
Post a Comment