Saturday, May 17, 2008

Homecoming

While my hubby is sleeping in I thought I'd give a quick update. I picked him up from the airport Tuesday. He caught an earlier flight than we were anticipating so we both made it there about the same time. The kids were happily surprised to see daddy. I told them before heading to the airport what was going on but there was still some surprise. Michael was holding daddy's neck so tightly that Shawn could have let him go & he would have been hanging. Lydia was a little shy at first but quickly warmed up and and isn't holding back any love from daddy. A nice woman who worked at a restaurant near his gate offered to take a group picture for us. I didn't get as many pictures as I thought I would but I think we were all overwhelmed with emotion & distracted. So that's okay. It was about the sweetest moment. I'll have much to talk about later, maybe another morning when my honey is sleeping in. The skies finally cleared yesterday & the sun is shining so we'll be having fun with the kids. Thanks for dropping by!





13 comments:

Kimberly said...

ooh, how wonderful! That is great someone offered to take a photo for you all!

Nori said...

I'm so happy for your family!

I don't have pictures of any of Dan's homecomings, and I really regret it. But, you're absolutely right that your emotions are so strong that photos take a back seat to just enjoying the moment.

You all look so wonderfully happy!

wfbdoglover said...

What a pleasant surprise to see on your blog! I hope you enjoy your time together. Thanks for sharing. What a nice group of photos.

Anonymous said...

So glad to see he made it home safe and sound! Enjoy your time together!

Biddy said...

ohhhh i am so glad he is home, safe and sound!!

big hugs for y'all!

Kimberly McKay said...

YYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYY! I thought about you guys today, hoping all was well. I am sooooooo happy for you all!

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you all. Enjoy your time together--you deserve it for both being so brave.

Veggiemomof2 said...

Congrats for you both & I expect to not see a new post from you for awhile :)

Melanie Faith said...

yay! ^_^

mandy said...

YAY!!!!!!!

i started reading your blog a few weeks/months ago. and remembered seeing your countdown in the sidebar.
this is such exciting news.

tammi said...

Woo-hoo!! It's been a while since I visited here obviously ~ I MISSED it!! I'm so glad he's home safe and sound and I hope you're having a WONDERFUL time together!

Anonymous said...

Love these pictures too... it's nice to see you all together! Such a blessing, God is soooo good.

Anonymous said...

PS. the video of my little one should be working now if you wanna come back and see.

My Cleaning Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones