Well I hope everyone had a much more relaxing day yesterday than I did. I'm not complaining, just wishing better for you all. I was in my sweats all day but by no means lazy. I cleaned almost every area of this house and it felt great. Though now that I've put that down in black & white I guess I have no more excuses for the future - darn productivity! Anyways so I was cleaning to get the house ready for hubby. Of course I should have kept the kids outside or in their rooms all day until he gets here if I wanted it to actually stay that way. I'm thinking a picnic table this summer would be a great thing & they could eat all of their meals outside. If we didn't have scary red hornet looking bugs outside I really would do that. Just thinking of how much cleaner the floor would stay makes me sit in aw. As you may be able to tell I'm a little unfocused and well, anxious. Depending on how his flights go I could get a phone call at any minute/hour/day saying he'll be at the airport in ONE hour. The airport that takes me ONE hour to drive to. So I've been obsessively cleaning, pacing and well just trying to keep busy so I don't just sit and watch the clock. And I know that he won't really care what the house looks like, I keep a pretty clean house and he knows that, but I miss him coming home & saying how great things look. I even miss those days he'd come home & ask what I had done all day...those days when I blogged & read blogs more often and things weren't always quite so tidy. I'm excited, anxious & nervous about him coming home. And I'm not complaining because I'm just happy to have him home, even if it's just for a short time, but having a more approximate time would be really nice. I don't like feeling on edge like this. It's like waiting for a surprise that you know is coming. Well I need to get off of here. Lydia is done with lunch which means I have to clean the spot under her highchair again. And I'm sure I'll find other little projects to keep me busy while I wait and try not to look at the clock and figure out flight times...
Thanks for stopping by! I'll post some more recent pics soon.
Thanks for stopping by! I'll post some more recent pics soon.



5 comments:
I am so happy for you and I love your anticipation. It's really beautiful, Rebecca. On his R and R, I wish you all the best...reconnection, love, communication, warmth, fabmily. I am so glad he is coming home to you and the children. Really, really.
Tell him how much all of America appreciates his career and his choices in life.
I have learned a lot by reading your blog, and really reflected on the sacrifices that men like him (and women like you) make so that I have my life as it is.
Congrats on his coming home Rebecca! I hope that he comes quickly and that his stay will seem to last forever! Of course that probably won't happen, hunh? Funny how time can go so slowly sometimes and way too fast other times...
I agree with the comment above... tell him that there are lots of people out here, regardless of our politics, who really appreciate what he and his unit-mates are doing!
Happy thoughts coming your way - hope you have a great reunion. Please thank your husband for his service and please post some photos when you can!
God bless you, your husband and family. You all make such self-less sacrifices for us all.
you know, i thought I left a comment here before the one above, but I could be mistaken. I hope the one deleted wasn't mine..as I would never mean to offend you.
Post a Comment