Sunday, September 21, 2008

Look What I Can Do!

Haha, made ya look! ;) Well, after 10 days of not posting I suppose I should. I'm sure ya'll are just waiting on baited breath for what I've got to talk about huh? No? Good! I'd hate for you to get your hopes up. So here's the run down of the goings on for us in Kennessee:

* I let the kids eat a popsicle out of the box I bought at the beginning of the summer - this is the second or third time they've done this so they REALLY enjoyed it & I got proof that I didn't completely deprive them as kids.

* Michael now has a twin bed! He still fit in his toddler bed {he's on the smaller size} but I've been wanting to get him one. I found one on a yardsale sight - great deal & just what I was looking for. It has three drawers underneath & a bookshelf for a headboard. So not only can he sleep on it but it's functional as well! However, he is still sleeping on a toddler mattress which is placed on his twin bed. I haven't had a chance to go get a mattress but hope to do so next week.

* With the new functional bed in Michael's room I have moved his dresser into Lydia's room & will soon be freeing her from baby jail, otherwise known as the crib. I'm nervous about the transition into a toddler bed. She can be trouble enough without free reign, I'll have to triple check that all pens, crayons, markers & other things that can be used to leave a mess for me to clean later are put well out of her reach before bed. I am very excited about decorating her room though, have some fun ideas that I hope to execute over the next couple months.

* We recently marked 12 months of my husband being deployed. Looking back it's gone by a lot faster than we both thought it would, though there have been times for both of us that it felt like it would never end. We have made it through this far & only have the slow stretch home now. In a few weeks I'll find out just how much longer we have - I'm crossing my fingers for good news but trying not to get my hopes up. On about the same day we've crossed the two year mark of Shawn being active duty.

* I got my hair cut! Well, not all of it. I have decided to let it grow out some, it's been about a year that I've had the shorter 'do & I'm getting a little bored. I'm thinking about new colors too but not decided on anything yet. So this time I just cut my bangs. I had the sideswept look but it was grown out & not doing anything for me. I felt frumpy or unfinished even when taking the time to 'do' my hair so now I have bangs. I'm happy with it and will probably keep these for a while, I haven't had regular bangs in years. I sent a picture via cell phone to my sister & she asked me if I colored it or got a new style too. An $8 plus tip bang trim can go a long way I guess.

* Other than the above it's been the typical taking Michael to & from school {which he is LOVING btw}, trying to keep the house clean, fighting the laundry battle, running errands, cooking meals & working my business.

Thanks for dropping by!






9 comments:

wfbdoglover said...

Great photos and I love the hair cut!

Kimberly McKay said...

Very cute doo! Love the new sytle/color. Yay for you that your family is hitting the next stage in not only sleeping arrangements, but hopefully in getting daddy back home soon too! I'm glad that's flown by faster than expected.

I'm glad you posted finally! ;) I've missed reading up on you. When does LOST come on????

Andrea said...

Sounds like you've been busy! We got almost the same kinds of beds for our girls this summer, and we love them!

Great hair! Even a small change like that can make a big difference.

Andrea said...

Sounds like you've been busy! We got almost the same kinds of beds for our girls this summer, and we love them!

Great hair! Even a small change like that can make a big difference.

Anonymous said...

Love the bangs....and the color.

Anonymous said...

LOVE the hair!

I'm procrastinating on putting Chloee in a toddler bed for the very same reasons.
and it's kinda funny because Elijah moved into a twin bed this past week too:)

***prayers for good news on your husbands deployment. Glad u made it through the past year in *pretty good spirits. I can't imagine how hard it has to be with him gone.

Unknown said...

great article and good template, I like it!


Keep posting,

TODDLER BED

Sherry said...

I love finding bargain furniture and stuff for the house! Love the functionality of Michael's new bed! I wish you the best of luck with the toddler bed transition... we are definitely not there yet, but hope to be soon! :) You'll have to let us know how it goes.

I hope you get good news about hubby's deployment. I think about you often and wonder how you're doing out there. It's great that you stay so busy - sometimes that's the best way to pass the time quicker, even though it can seem so crazy and hectic when you're running from here to there. Hang in there. You are definitely one strong mama!

Sherry

Gail said...

I'm a new blogger and just wanted to let you know how much I have enjoyed your blog. The bed and bedroom are adorable. I love yard sales.
I am a Christian woman also and it is sooo refreshing to read a blog without curse words.
My brother-in-law is being deployed next week to Qatar (Saudia Arabia.) He is a colonel in the Air Force. Please pray for him as we pray for you and your husband. May God bless your family. I hope you don't mind me following your blog, if you do please let me know.

My Cleaning Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones