Before you shake your finger at me for being on the computer - Shawn is enjoying some time with the kids, seeing how much Michael has learned while he's been gone & showing Lydia some letters too. I have family who check my blog so I wanted to tease them with some of our photos. The day was great! We got up on time, out the door on time & his flight was on time. The kids were adorable in their little outfits & I had a sign hanging on the carport waiting for him. I couldn't find him in the sea of ACU's & started getting nervous that he wasn't on that flight for some reason. When they all came in the doors I actually started shaking - not convulsions or anything but couldn't hold my hands still. I was so anxious to see him & it still didn't seem quite real. I was still looking out into the crowd while standing on the first step trying to get a better view & he snuck under me. I screamed & jumped into his arms, we hugged & kissed and it was sweet. Then he hugged & kissed on the kids, Lydia was shy at first but as I type this she's sitting in daddy's lap giving him kisses and singing with him. Michael was all over it, I didn't tell him until this morning - he was excited but stayed calm waiting. They both did really well & the time passed pretty quickly. It still doesn't seem 'real' that he's home and part of me is still waiting for him to pack up & leave again. I'm sure that's part of the adjustment, but we're all loving it. Oh & I had planned on making him creamy chicken & green chili enchilladas for dinner but he wanted McDonalds, LOL. I would have been offended that he didn't want my home cooking but honestly I was tired and doing a drive thru didn't sound too bad. We'll have lots of homemade meals in the months to come.






15 comments:
Oh yay! I was hoping for details on your reunion.
I love that picture of you in his arms. So much emotion comes across.
So happy that HE! IS! HOME!
YAY!!! Lydia is so stinkin' cute in her li'l outfit!! Wow, it must totally seem unreal still. I can't believe he wanted McDonalds on his first night back, but I guess I'd miss a good ol' Big Extra if I couldn't have one for over a year, too!!
Welcome home, Shawn ~ we've been praying for you!
I am so happy for you all. Despite our disagreements, I applaud and honor all the sacrifices that Shawn and other men and women (and their families) make for the rest of us. I hope we will all soon see peace and that our missions from now on will be benevolent ones.
Oh Rebecca! I'm so happy for you guys. What a great feeling it must be to have your family back together again. Love you guys!
WELCOME HOME SHAWN! AWWWW! I love ALL those pictures of you guys! They are just amazing and I'm SO glad you are all together again ... even if it DOES take time away from ME ;-) lol Glad you guys are enjoying each other so much!
Tears came to my eyes... I'm so glad he's home, safe and in your (and the kids) arms!
I got tears running down my face too! Thank you for sacrificing your husband to protect our country!
I'm SO happy for you and your family!
Yay!! Welcome home!
i love the picture where you jumped into his arms... so Hollywood-esque. :) Glad he's home!
So precious, bought tears to my eyes. Your husband is a brave man and I appreciate all he does for our country. Glad he is home safe.
What a beautiful, beautiful post. Wow! I don't know you, and it brought tears to my eyes. I am so happy to see that your husband is home, where he belongs, with you and your young beautiful family. Thank you to your husband for being willing to make the sacrifices to protect not just your family, but mine also. He is a hero to many!!
Hugs,
Jenny in Maine
LOVE LOVE LOVE the pics! I am glad you shared to tease your family :o) I am glad the reunion was such a blessing to you all. And praise God for your hubby to have McDonalds :o)
Ya, I love the pics too, you have a beautiful family.
TFS.
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You've been waiting on him ever since I started reading your blog.
Post a Comment