Yesterday I went to the commissary, crazy as usual around payday and as usual I had to go because we were running out of important things like jelly and cereal and this coming week is busy like most have been lately. I went in thinking I was all prepared with my menu plans and shopping list. Somewhere in the middle of the busyness of the aisles, Michael wanting to dance around or 'help' me shop & Lydia trying to squirm out of her seat I realized that I could get Shawn's favorite foods and NOT send them off in a care package but rather have them waiting for him in the fridge or pantry. :D I would have done a cartwheel if I weren't in the crowded commissary. I take that back, I'm not sure I can even still do a cartwheel. Anyways, I was excited. I got biscuits, pepper jack cheese, pepperoncinis and mandarin oranges. I JUST realized that I forgot to get bacon, hot links & soda. I'll have to go back for milk in a few days so I'll get the rest later.
I still can't give out any dates - don't have a specific date & OPSEC rules. But I can say that my husband SHOULD be home in just over a week. So we're literally counting down the days. No longer months or weeks but DAYS. It's amazing. Nearly 14 months ago it felt like it would be forever until he was back home, I was venturing into an unknown reality. I've grown a lot during this time, made good friends & found that I am capable of taking care of several things on my own. But I really enjoy doing it all with my husband alongside & leading the way.
The last time I talked about Shawn coming home I had a to do list of sorts....I just looked at it and wow I was crazy to think I'd get all of that done while maintaining a clean house, getting Michael to & from school and working my business. So I've got a new more realistic list that I'll share.
I still can't give out any dates - don't have a specific date & OPSEC rules. But I can say that my husband SHOULD be home in just over a week. So we're literally counting down the days. No longer months or weeks but DAYS. It's amazing. Nearly 14 months ago it felt like it would be forever until he was back home, I was venturing into an unknown reality. I've grown a lot during this time, made good friends & found that I am capable of taking care of several things on my own. But I really enjoy doing it all with my husband alongside & leading the way.
The last time I talked about Shawn coming home I had a to do list of sorts....I just looked at it and wow I was crazy to think I'd get all of that done while maintaining a clean house, getting Michael to & from school and working my business. So I've got a new more realistic list that I'll share.
- Vacuum and clean couch
- Clean baseboards
- I started to write clean ceiling fan until I looked up & realized we don't have one in this house. Yes, I'm losing it. No, it doesn't bother me. ;)
- New filter for vent
- Change shower liner {for $2 I'll save myself scrubbing time}
- Take my old clothes to Back Door Boutique {store that lower ranking families can get items for free once a week}
- Find someone who wants Michael's old clothes or BDB
- Send Lydia's old clothes to my sister for my sweet little neice
- Organize scrap stuff
- Organize Mary Kay product/supplies Check
- Return patio chairs to friends
- Computer boxes to Lydia's closet {I'm holding two computers for a friend who got them as Christmas gifts for two of her sons but they're in our bedroom, Lydia's closet has room so they're going in there}
- Trash out of car
- Vacuum car
- Wash car
- Organize closet??? {this one may or may not be done until he's home and we get a dresser}
I have some other things that I need to take care of like getting Shawn's cell phone turned on, adding his truck back to the insurance, update registration & get a new battery because he forgot to remind me to start it up once a month or so. I also have to figure out just what I'm wearing to pick him up, have an idea but it's not set yet. The kids' outfits are set & I'll hang up my sign closer to him coming home. Now I'm all motivated to go start getting things done, yesterday I organized my MK product & supplies, the laundry/storage room looks SO much better now but still more to do.
We did this webcamming a few weeks ago & I got screen captures of it. It was fun to do, even more fun knowing he'd be home in person soon. No more worrying if I forgot to forward the house phone or if Comcast was having technical issues, no more putting messenger on my phone everytime I leave the house, no more taking the phone into the bathroom & everywhere with me. No more VTC scheduling, waiting & connection issues. It will be strange to be able to call my husband rather than just waiting for a phone call, but I'm sure it's an adjustment I'll get used to quickly. =]
We did this webcamming a few weeks ago & I got screen captures of it. It was fun to do, even more fun knowing he'd be home in person soon. No more worrying if I forgot to forward the house phone or if Comcast was having technical issues, no more putting messenger on my phone everytime I leave the house, no more taking the phone into the bathroom & everywhere with me. No more VTC scheduling, waiting & connection issues. It will be strange to be able to call my husband rather than just waiting for a phone call, but I'm sure it's an adjustment I'll get used to quickly. =]




8 comments:
Love your background!
That's awesome! You must be so excited!! Your kids, too. You HAVE grown during this time ~ it shows even in your writing. Nothing like a little challenge to make us stronger!
Good luck with your preparations ~ and enjoy the homecoming!!
YAY HOMECOMING!!! Those pics of you guys are cute! hehehe that is QUITE the list you have there! I'm so proud you! You have become such an amazing woman/wife/mother and you inspire me everyday :D
HOORAY! HOORAY! HOORAY!! I am so excited for you!
enjoy your reunion!
Thank you for your concern for my brother - it's good to see you blogging a bit again.
Hey Rebecca! So excited for you guys! I can just imagine the anticipation growing as the time gets closer and closer. :)
Can you email me with your new (new to me) email address. I had sent you an email but it came back to me cause I was using the old one. :p
I am soooooooooo happy for you Becca! Yah for you and your whole family. How nice is it to stock your pantry for all four of you.
:)
This is awesome! I can't even imagine...
Post a Comment