Yay! I've got scrap! I'm writing this post up Saturday night in hopes that I'll be too busy being productive tomorrow that I won't have time on the computer but to click post & do the linky. ;) So if I get more done I'll update you.I've been wanting to make a card for my grandmother's upcoming birthday - she's not on her computer much so it's safe. If by my luck you're looking at this grandma - Surprise! hehe So tonight I browsed this fun & resourceful site to find inspiration, no something to copy and in about 10 minutes I had a card. :D I know a lot of scrappers {namely SS scrappers} that love to make cards and make them often. I on the other hand struggle with it...a lot, and I don't know why. Something just doesn't 'click' in the creative part of my brain so I don't make them often & when I do I scraplift someone else's design so my head doesn't hurt and I spend 10ish minutes making one.
Last week's challenge was to use blue & without realizing it at the time, I did just that! Yay, I think this is one of the few challenges I've met. This coming week I have 5 Mary Kay appointments, will be receiving an order {labeling/inventory/order deliveries/etc} and the usual housework so we'll see how scrappy I get. I'm hoping at the very least I can finally sort through Lydia's completed pages {make a note of ones that still need journaling} and compile a to do list to finish her first year album...before she turns 3. It would be WONDERFUL if I also went through my photo jail on the computer and put together a print order so I can one day check scrapped pages off of said list. It will be a MIRACLE if I get around to organizing my scrappy stuff so I can better see just what I have and use it rather than being tempted to buy more - I have a guilt knot in my stomach when I buy more than adhesive and solid bazil/cardstock.
Last week's challenge was to use blue & without realizing it at the time, I did just that! Yay, I think this is one of the few challenges I've met. This coming week I have 5 Mary Kay appointments, will be receiving an order {labeling/inventory/order deliveries/etc} and the usual housework so we'll see how scrappy I get. I'm hoping at the very least I can finally sort through Lydia's completed pages {make a note of ones that still need journaling} and compile a to do list to finish her first year album...before she turns 3. It would be WONDERFUL if I also went through my photo jail on the computer and put together a print order so I can one day check scrapped pages off of said list. It will be a MIRACLE if I get around to organizing my scrappy stuff so I can better see just what I have and use it rather than being tempted to buy more - I have a guilt knot in my stomach when I buy more than adhesive and solid bazil/cardstock.
**Upadated** I pulled out all of my completed pages, took notes & sorted! I had A LOT more of her album finished than I remembered! And I must admit I teared up a little looking at photos of her so tiny, when Michael first met her and with my mom. Many emotions mixed in so I cried, then I stopped and kept taking notes. 12 of my completed pages need journaling - crossing my fingers I remember stuff or wrote it down somewhere! The best news is I only have 11 topics to scrap, most of these will be in one or two page layouts but I may have some 4 pagers in there. Now to bail my photos out of computer jail & get that order put in!
- 3 month photos (only professional ones taken TO DATE)
- 6 month photos
- 9 month photos (LOVED the ones I took but they've been in computer jail)
- 12 month photos (camera was on the FRITZ and I never scheduled that appt. - here's hoping!)
- 1st birthday{s}, I had a little celebration at home then a party at my dad's house
- first baby food/real food (I may not do both)
- baths in the sink (I have some that I just LOVE so I must - she was a sink baby for a LONG time)
- first Christmas (I have one Christmas event scrapped but nothing else)
- summer time/outdoor pics (I *think* I have pictures jailed up that I really liked)
- pictures with Shawn in Class A's
- d-day pictures (she was 11 months when he deployed and I think we're in the Army for the long haul so it will hold some significance for her later)



9 comments:
photo jail/bailed out = LOLOL!
LOVE the card! Looks great and I'm sure she'll love that you made it, I alway do - I keep all the ones that are hand made :D
YAY on getting so much done! Glad you were able to go through your pages and get your listys made.
WOW you have a busy week! Congrats on all the appointments, I'm sure they'll go awesomely :D Let me know when/IF you have time to scrap this week cause I think you've just inpsired me to get some more done!!!!
P.S. Pardon the long comment {and additional comment} I've had a LOT of coffee this morning ;-)
Great card- I always have loved blue/yellow together.
LOL to "photo jail"-- I have some photos in prison, I guess, because they are trapped inside an old, dead, computer. :)
Really cute card - I love blue and yellow together.
I love that flower embellishment!
Beautiful card !
I'm only into digital scraping.
Have a nice day !
I think I need a little photo bailout too!
Your card looks amazing! Great Job! Your one step closer now! (in organizing) It'll be fun!!
You make such wonderful items! Wish I was creative, but I am good at scraplifting! LOL
You've been tagged!
http://veggiemomof2.blogspot.com/2009/01/tagged.html
Post a Comment