Thursday, March 5, 2009

He's Blogging For Me

uti54kiu6i6496u95u95495u4michael







This morning I realized I hadn't posted anything beyond "o_O LOST" & my scrappy organization progress so I uploaded some pictures. Didn't start writing though and walked away from the computer getting things ready for the day. I sat down to finish it up & found that Michael put in his two cents and published my post. So the jibberish followed by his name is my son's contribution to my blog. And apparently his way of telling me that if I don't start posting he'll do it for me.

I've been busy, we've been busy and not enough time to sit and read blogs let alone write out a post. I'm still busy really, just taking a little break from the busyness. So in bulletin format & some pictures you can see what we've been up to.
  • Michael & Lydia still love having daddy home to snuggle and rough house with.
  • They don't like it so much when he tells them they're in trouble which has been more often lately.
  • Michael hit his 100th day of school, slightly delayed due to the ice storms. He brought in 100 craft sticks and they had a fun celebration which meant everything was centered around 100.
  • I experienced my first year of valentine's for school, bought valentine's ahead of time but put off him writing his name 30 times until the morning of so it was like running a sweatshop too. He came home with cards and some candy - less than I anticipated but still enough to share. :D
  • We got a dog! I have been hesitant about getting a dog since Shawn was still deployed talking about one. Jackie (a two year old Jack Russel Terrior) wasn't planned and was a surprise but has been a lot of fun, much like our children. ;) But she makes less mess, doesn't talk back and wants to snuggle just about all of the time. I hope for the kids' sake we never have to choose between them and the dog. ;)
  • Shawn bought a boat. I found out that when I agree to the purchase of a boat I also agree to the purchase of a new motor, battery, charger, paint, carpeting and seats. I'm making a note to never agree to a boat - great deal or not - again. It should be fun this summer though, relaxing on a boat bass fishing. Of course that will be Shawn as I'll be busy feeding the kids and making sure they don't drowned.
  • I've been very busy with Mary Kay, more bookings then ever and two new recruits last week. I'm building my business and working my way up the career path looking forward to driving a free car and making big girl money as a director. Lord willing and if I still have my sanity at the end of it all. hehe
I hope everyone in the blogosphere is doing well. I'd read up to check on you but my tummy is rumbling for lunch so I better go answer the call and figure out the rest of my day.

6 comments:

tammi said...

Wow, don't even get me started about boats!

My only advice is this: budget WAY more money than you'd think necessary for maintenance and repairs! It's the only way there will be peace in the home!!!

(Can you detect the bitterness in my voice?! Needless to say, I'm happy we no longer own a boat.)

tammi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Veggiemomof2 said...

I love the 100 day glasses!

Just enjoy having that hubby home & blog when you get time.

Christine back-blogs, so can you! ;)

Andrea said...

Ahem...we are now the SOLE owners of the boat Valleygirl is referring to -- and yes, there have been some stressful times. :)

My daughter came home one day with thos "100" glasses too. So cute. :)

Anonymous said...

Jackie is adorable! Dogs are so fun, especially for children (says the woman with no children and two dogs!).

Christine - Tutorial Addict :) said...

LOL LOVE Michael's post ;-) Your Ruff Ruff is soooo cute! I'm so glad you guys found the perfect one to fit your family :D & CONGRATS on your success with your business!!!

My Cleaning Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones