Michael is on day 4 of 10 days off of school, we're having freezing temps & rain, and I have a head cold. It would make sense if it were winter break but it's spring break, minus the spring weather. And I think I've lost my mind because I'm watching I'm watching The Hills and what makes it worse is I'm trying to make sense of the trainwrecks they call reality.
I have to admit that I'm a little bit of a reality show junkie. Maybe junkie is too strong a word, I don't watch them all but I can get caught up in it. Maybe watching a stranger's drama unfold on tv makes some of mine seem more manageable or at least brings some distraction. Some people get annoyed at the thought of rich "housewives" having their own shows but I laugh at it. Of course I use the term housewife loosely with most of the "Real Housewives" cast members because they don't clean their own homes - working or not. So maybe they are slightly annoying and some (or all?) of the drama is scripted but if it gives me a laugh and puts my worries into perspective I don't mind.
Though on the flipside while I sit and pat myself on the back because I know I could handle a situation better than some of those wives do I have to wonder what my reality show would look like. How many scenes would need editing to cut me losing patience with my children? How many eye rolls would the camera catch that my husband didn't?
I think I should be asleep now. I think I started this with some kind of thought but now I feel like even my thoughts are rambling. It's 11:30, cold and I'm sick so I should be sleeping anyhow.
I have to admit that I'm a little bit of a reality show junkie. Maybe junkie is too strong a word, I don't watch them all but I can get caught up in it. Maybe watching a stranger's drama unfold on tv makes some of mine seem more manageable or at least brings some distraction. Some people get annoyed at the thought of rich "housewives" having their own shows but I laugh at it. Of course I use the term housewife loosely with most of the "Real Housewives" cast members because they don't clean their own homes - working or not. So maybe they are slightly annoying and some (or all?) of the drama is scripted but if it gives me a laugh and puts my worries into perspective I don't mind.
Though on the flipside while I sit and pat myself on the back because I know I could handle a situation better than some of those wives do I have to wonder what my reality show would look like. How many scenes would need editing to cut me losing patience with my children? How many eye rolls would the camera catch that my husband didn't?
I think I should be asleep now. I think I started this with some kind of thought but now I feel like even my thoughts are rambling. It's 11:30, cold and I'm sick so I should be sleeping anyhow.



3 comments:
I'm convinced Mother Nature is trying to kill us by bouncing back & forth from 30° to 65°!
I loved that line: "How many scenes would need editing to cut me losing patience with my children? How many eye rolls would the camera catch that my husband didn't?"
So true...at least for me.
Hope you feel better soon!
LOL you SHOULD have your own SHOW! I'd watch :D Hope you start feeling better, and have some SPRING LIKE WEATHER forgoodnessakes!
Post a Comment