I am a couple of days late on this one. Sometimes my meal planning doesn't fall on the weekends. We get paid twice a month and I try to keep my big shopping trips to twice a month as well. Since I've been meal planning more regularly I often don't have to go any more than that which is fantastic. Especially when you shop at the commiscary and usually around payday when everyone else is as well, along with the shelves being stocked. I totally earn my California Rolls that I buy each visit.
This weekend my planning delay was a little more serious. Well, a lot but it could have been a lot worse. We discovered my husband had a problem with his heart that made itself known in a very surprising and even more unexpected way. Good GREAT news is it was found in time and the doctors fixed the issue. He's home and recovering, life should be back to normal soon. We're still adjusting in many ways but my focus is on food right now. The food I buy and cook and how I cook it and what it contains to be more specific. I've never been one to read food labels but now I will be. We don't eat horribly but there is room for improvements.
Here is my menu for the week:
Southwest White Chili {didn't get to this one last time I planned}
Chicken & Dumplings {didn't get to this one last time I planned}
Turkey & Spinach Manicotti {check out the comments for suggestions}
Beef & Broccoli Stir Fry {check out the comments for suggestions}
Feta & Spinach Turkey Burgers




1 comment:
Love chicken and dumplings. I've been doing meal planning lately just because I was just recently diagnosed with diabetes.
I posted a Christmas card on my Craft it Wed. blog if you'd like to take a look. I found you through someone else's blog.
I have two other blogs also, you are welcome to check out anytime. If you do any type of crafts, come on over and join in on my Craft it Wed. blog.
Post a Comment