Sunday, December 13, 2009

Sunday Scrappin {& then some}

Sunday Scrappin’'Tis the season to be crafty! Or to try anyway. Since we're going back home to visit family over the holidays we haven't done any decorating, put up a tree or shopped much for the kids. We'll do our own mini Christmas once we're back home. When I do get craftsy it helps me get in the mood if I turn up the volume on my Christmas play list or have a movie on in the background.

Between nausea and my gestational narcolepsy I've been slowly, very slowly making progress on Christmas gifts. I still have a list of things to get done and crossing my fingers that something comes in the mail before we go visit family. Today I plan on checking another project off my list so we'll see how cooperative the kids are. If we get it done today I'll update this post.

Tada:
Last weekend I checked one project off of my list and meant to post it sooner but time got away from me. I can't share a better picture or tell you exactly what it is as the recipient of this gift may look at my blog. I was happy with how it turned out.




This week between sinus headaches & continued food aversions I started and finished the bigger project on my list. I got the idea looking at craft ideas on Better Homes & Gardens website but changed the colors and made the circles into flowers for the girls. I am thrilled with how these bags came out. I made two extra for my kids because they were so interested in them. I will say that the bag itself was simple to make but making 14 of them was a daunting task with such a short deadline. I felt like an overworked elf in Santa's workshop. Next year I hope to start more time consuming projects much earlier, like shortly after this baby is born. ;)



Updated todo:
Disclaimer - if you're a family member don't read further. :)

I sat the kids down and got started on our ornament project. Last year they helped make button wreath ornaments for family members and this year I wanted to make it more personal. I had an idea that incorporated wallet pics of each of them but our family photos were delayed so I'll just file that idea away for next year. :)

 

They had fun getting their hands dirty and I'm excited to have another project checked off my list! 


Todo:
  • Another project that I can't be specific about.
  • Make ornaments with the kids for family members.
  • Wrap gifts & mail out.
  • Plus everything else on my list to get ready to leave town.
I hope you are enjoying this time of getting ready for holidays whether you are shopping, crafting or just enjoying the holiday movies & music that play this time of year. Click the button above to see more scrappy/craftsy projects.  

4 comments:

Christine - Tutorial Addict :) said...

THE BAGS ARE ADORABLE! I love how they came out and how you changed it up for the girls. The other project looks cute, from what we can see ;-)

I hope your preggie problems calm down soon and you guys have a good trip out here, can't wait to see ya!

Christine Duff said...

Cute, cute bags. Thanks for sharing.

Bridgett said...

Bags are cute.

I like to put on Christmas music while I sew, bake, craft, whatever. It does get you in "the mood".

Hope you get most or all of your list done.

tammi said...

Those bags are so cute! I was trying to think of something for my new piano students to keep their books neatly together and I bet this would be perfect!!

I look forward to seeing the other finished products! You always have such great crafty gift ideas ~ I may have to borrow a bunch this year since the ONE chance hubby and I had to head out of town to the nearest Wal-Mart and shopping mall (which are in a small city about 2 hrs away) was blown when the school buses were cancelled today due to windchill!!

My Cleaning Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones