Sunday, January 24, 2010

Sunday Scrappin


So last week this was my to-do list, I updated it with strikeouts.
To-Do:

  • Sort photos & order whatever I need to finish Lydia's first year album.
  • Plot out pages
  • Scrap pages & finish Lydia's first year album.
  • Get more page protectors and a second album.
  • Get two albums for Michael's first year album (his are falling apart).
 I made a trip to Hobby Lobby for solid card stock and adhesive - if I had remembered my gift card I would have picked up an album for Lydia and some page protectors...so that will wait until next time when I also have ink in my printer for their 40% coupon. PS You can now shop online with Hobby Lobby {squee!} I could get myself in SO much trouble at that store. I haven't finished her album yet and am further from doing so than I thought I was but...I am 8 pages closer to being done! Thursday Shawn had staff duty (24 hour shift) so I cleared the table & chatted it up with my bff while getting scrappy between feeding and caring of the kids.


Ta-da!:



These are spring time photos of Lydia in a swing. For the first page I scraplifted a layout from last years Stampin Up catalog and the other page I just made a layout to coordinate.




These are the last of Lydia's hospital photos I had to scrap. It was fun looking at her pictures when she was sooo tiny. I found a card that I got after having her and the guesses people made about the details of her birth. I still have to journal these. Below are her other hospital photos I already scrapped...I like that they all ended up coordinating.




And lastly -



These are pictures of her first smiles (one photo she's a few months older than the rest but I loved her smile). I used my old go to technique of color blocking because it was getting late and my creativity was running low. But I love how they turned out.

To join in the scrappy fun or see what others have been doing click the button above.

8 comments:

Christine - Tutorial Addict :) said...

I LOVE the pages! They all turned out SO great :) I'm glad I was able to assist you in your Ta-da's and you in mine, we should do it more often! Hehehehe I love the pics of the day she was born when she kept sticking her tongue out LOL, I member it like it was yesterday :) Which is funny ... cause I don't know how well I remember the day my OWN were born that well!

Forgetfulone said...

Great pages! You had a lot to show us today. Unfortunately, I have nothing. I'm so excited Hobby Lobby has online shopping now! Wait, maybe that's not such a good thing for my budget! Have a great week!

Rebecca said...

Forgetfulone - it's a new week! & yes - online shopping with Hobby Lobby is very scary for the budget! lol

Christine (WIERD lol) - it was great to scrap 'with' you and we'll definitely do it more often. I see more staff duty days in my future. My memories of Lydia's birth are very vague...so it's good you remember it so well. ;)

Christine Duff said...

Awesome pages! I am so jealous you got so much done! Thanks for participating at Sunday Scrappin'!

Veggiemomof2 said...

I really like your pages! You remind me that it's ok to be simple. Simple can be beautiful too & doesn't distract from the subject of the album/pictures.

Anonymous said...

Good for you for getting all that done. I noticed you say your albums are falling apart, what brand are they? I used to scrap for other ppl and was always afraid of bad quality products, I only ever bought Making Memories albums or Close to My Heart as I have found they can hold many layouts and not wiggle all over threatening to tear like some of my old Pioneer brands! :)

Sorry for the rambling, just trying to help.

Rebecca said...

Thanks all! It was a productive scrappy week =]

Carolyn - Not sure of the brand, one says "Markings" on the back but the other doesn't have a name I can find. They are both post bound and decorative with the picture window. I think the main problem is I have them way overloaded. They are flimsy and barely holding on. I will replace them with three ring binders. One of Lydia's and one that I have for family stuff are pulp brand three ring and have held up good for me so far. I like the pages close together in the post bound but like fitting more pages in the three ring without dealing with post extenders and stuff. I don't think I've seen the CTMH albums, will have to check that out.

Julie from JulieChats said...

Great pages! Just stopping by from Sunday Scrapping! I wish I had that many pages done of my little guy who'll be 2 on Sunday! I love 3 ring albums, I use the We R Memory Keepers brand linen ones, they hold up to 60 refills and come in a rainbow of yummy colors! I've got a scrapbooking blog too, stop by sometime! http://juliechats.blogspot.com Just signed up to follow you & I'm always looking for more followers too! Enjoy your weekend!

My Cleaning Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones