Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Making Room for {B}aby

Tackle It Tuesday Meme

Another Tackle It Tuesday! This is a fun meme to participate in because it means I'm getting stuff DONE! :D

Last Wednesday I had some 'nesting' motivation and energy so I took advantage. I started with the kids' closets sorting out clothes they've outgrown and organizing clothes they have to grow into. While working in Lydia's room I rearranged her dresser clearing out two drawers for the baby, plus half of the top drawer. Then I moved onto my room, cleaning up hubby's side of the bed {messy!}, under the bed and my half of the closet. I also took out two boxes of things I had set aside to donate for quite some time now.

At the end of the day I had this on the kitchen table. Clothes to pass along, bags & scarves I haven't used/worn in the last year or more and toys I had gone through with the kids some time ago....we could probably sort through Michael's again soon. Plus there's a bag of maternity clothes I have to return to a friend.

That night I sorted through baby clothes that friends gave me and set up the baby's drawers, one for newborn sizes and one for 0-3 months. I also added a bag of baby clothes to the giveaway pile because they were too warm for summer.


Then on Saturday I finally finished Lydia's duvet. You can see Michael's here from last Tuesday. I had hers sewn for a few days but got the ribbon ties on so now it's complete.

It feels so good to check things off of my to-do list and seeing progress around the house. There's still plenty to go through - hubby's closet, large filing cabinet, entry closet, bookcases, armoire....and more decorating projects for the kids' rooms and living room as well. I'll be marking off the Tuesdays until baby's impending arrival!


But all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy {Jill a dull girl?} so we've got to have some fun around here too.

7 comments:

tammi said...

Wow, good for you! Going through the kids' clothes is exactly something I desperately need to tackle, too!!

Sandra said...

Good job! I love getting things done and organized before the arrival of a baby. It makes things so much easier in the transition to a larger family. :0)

Heather said...

awesome job getting that much done. I loved the nesting period, need some of that energy now LOL.

Heather :D said...

Pure Awesomeness. i really need to go through the kids clothes/ closets too :):):)

Echo said...

I LOVE crossing things off my list! And organizing and cleaning, its super satisfying. Also, Can't wait to see pics when baby time is officially here :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for commenting on my frustration... I am glad to hear I am not alone, but sorry to hear you have had similar. I need to remember to pray for you more.

Love you sis.

Anonymous said...

Oh - I just noticed you changed your bell pepper picture, nice! :) I did like it a lot though :)

You should totally tryout Studio J - I thought I wouldn't like it be I am getting things done so much faster now. I am still planning tangible pages in-between my studio ones, I am planning them to blend in so you never know :)

I am even figuring the price is good because the prints include my photos, all the paper I would use, all the ink, all the metals. I LOVE that it MAKES me journal and it's so stinking fast - I really am a slow tangible scrapper this Studio stuff is great.

My Cleaning Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones