
Oh yeah baby, I tackled it alright! Lately my posts have been all about scrappy stuff and household projects. Aaaand that's pretty much what I've been up to. Fortunately for the kids we've also thrown some fun in the pool & free summer movie time in buuuut mostly it's projects and checking things off of my page long to-do list.
One big project that consists of lots of little projects has been taunting me and it's finally {just about} done!
I SO wish this was my project but it's not. It is the inspiration for my room which I'm just as happy to have used. :)
This is {a bad photo of} my {just about} finished project! I'm really happy with how it's coming together, even more happy that it's all together on the wall instead of parts and pieces everywhere around the house halfway done. I made a birds nest using a basket I wasn't using, hot glue & decorative spanish moss. For some reason I painted the basket a creamy yellow...not really liking the look of it so I may grab another unused basket and try a redo. I still need to glue birds eggs into the basket. The sideways family photo isn't part of the decor. I put it there in place of a project that is in the works {paper is chosen} but I wanted to see a finished product, even if it was only almost done.
The last piece to do was the window frame. It used to have glass buuut one broke and that looked funny, then another fell out and it looked really funny so I just popped them all out. I actually like it better without the glass. I tried hand sanding that sucker (3-5 layers of paint) and my kind husband took pity on me and introduced me to his power sander. There was still some hand work in the details but by that time I was okay with there being some paint left. I painted it blue and distressed the edges some then stapled some wire to the back for hanging.
And here's a close up of a couple other pieces I made. My hubby screwed a hole for the doorknob and screwed in some hooks on the top for me to attach ribbon for hanging. I still need to add the girls' initials to the bird houses.
Not quite so exciting but last night the husband and I rearranged furniture. And by we I mean he moved stuff while I swept, tilted my head to the side & directed traffic. The new set up has a much better flow, even though it's still too much furniture in this small space - if we weren't so close to moving into more space I'd pare down. What's more exciting is we'll be hanging pictures soon - I had some up but didn't like the arrangement and took them all down - it will feel like home again...and another thing will be checked off the list!
I also made progress on my scrapbook list you can read about here if you'd like. Other things accomplished but not exciting enough to write a full post on - updated my photo back up, sorted through old photos and scanned 400 so my sister & I could both have copies, organized the husband's closet {even got rid of some shirts he's held onto for FIVE years!}and have a couple things in a bag ready for me to take to the post office. :D Have I mentioned that checking things off my list makes me giddy?
This week I'm still working on the baby's quilt and checking more things off of my running list!




3 comments:
Adorable! I love using old window frames as decorations. Thanks for sharing. Have a great day!
WOW! All your checkiness makes ME giddy ... and it's not even my house! I keep getting inspired to go do SOMETHING around here and then get completely bogged down in how MUCH I have to do. Maybe I should just start with the list ;-) Great job girly, everything looks BEAUTIFUL!
That is so awesome! I love it. Oh and by the way...
I've given you an award here: http://onedayatatimediary.blogspot.com/2010/06/my-blog-has-substance.html
And here: http://thecraftyhippo.com/2010/06/warm-sunshine-my-first-award.html
And here: http://goodmorninbeautiful.blogspot.com/2010/06/im-trendy.html
Congrats and thanks for being such a great friend.
Post a Comment