I didn't get to any photo scrapbooking this week but did finish up some altered items. These first projects I had done for a while but had trouble gluing the letters together and while waiting to hang there were a few accidents that needed repair. Today I'll get some Command Picture Hanging Strips & we'll get the names up. I can't take full credit for this project. I was inspired by a name I saw that was done in varying fonts & sizes decorated & embellished.
Ta-da!:
There are three different fonts used on these letters (wooden, 3D cardboard & chipboard) found at Hobby Lobby. I let Lydia {with a little help from me} choose three embellishments to add, then I embellished those with fuzzy fibers & a rhinestone (on the flower). They are all covered in patterned paper, except the Y & D. The Y has solid paper on it then I used a roller stamp to decorate. The D is just painted.
Michael's name is done the same way - various fonts, covered in paper (L is painted, H has solid paper with stamps) and embellishments that he picked out {because they're types of transformers} and I embellished with some supplies from my scrappy stash {Italian paper clips, small gears & paperclips. I left his name in two pieces so it would be more sturdy.
This project was also inspired by a similar one that I saw somewhere. Lydia hasn't been too interested in bows until just recently. The trouble was our pup would find them left around on the floor & chew them to pieces. So I took a frame I wasn't using, removed the glass & covered the backing with patterned paper (would have left empty if we had painted walls and I may still remove the paper}and hot glued ribbons to the inside edge of the frame. Now her clips can hang above the dresser & I don't have to worry about the dog chewing them.
To-do:
- Hang names
- Do some baby shopping
- Stock fridge & pantry
- Have baby




4 comments:
Totally cute and clever! You are a mighty crafty mom!
I love all your altered projects. The names turned out so cute and what a great idea the bow holder is. Thanks for sharing at Sunday Scrappin'.
I love the altered name titles and that altered frame. What wonderful ideas.
I wish you luck with the impending birth. I hope you have a positive labour and I can't wait to "meet" your new baby.
These are super cute!! What a precious family you have- hope baby comes soon :)
Jessica
Post a Comment