To end Shawn's visit home we were all going to fly out to New Mexico and visit my parents in Los Lunas, which is near Albequerque. After many flight cancellations, re-routing our trip to Phoenix and driving about 7 hours we finally made it later than planned; just a few minutes into the new year. On the flight to Denver Shawn took a great photo of the view we had. We were between two layers of clouds and there was light from the sun breaking through the top layer. It is so pretty I want to enlarge and frame it on my wall. The whole trip was such a fiasco - I still don't have two of my bags - but we were spared of more unfortunate circumstances, like being stuck in an airport for two days with two kids or being separated on differant flights and stranded in separate airports. At the time of cancellations and mistakes on the airlines part I was very upset but looking back it was a blessing in disguise. Just a reminder that God's ways are higher than ours and we don't always understand the "whys" of it all but it will always work for good, even if we don't see the good result. This time we did get to see the good result.
The day after finally arriving we took a trip to the snow. In years past we've had to drive two hours to Mt. Jemez (sp?) for some snowplay. Thanks to recent snowstorms we only had to go a few blocks to the park which has hills great for sledding down. All of the kids had a great time going down the hills on the intertubes, toboggans and snowboard. Shawn and I even tried out the snowboard and went down an intertube together. At the time I still didn't have any luggage so Michael and I pieced together snow clothes from my parents' supply.

During our visit Shawn and I were given the opportunity to go on a lunch date. We took advantage and had a great time. We went to Chili's for lunch then to Starbucks for coffee and almost a whole game of scrabble - then the baby needed to eat so we headed home. It was a lot of fun. He is back at Ft. Leonardwood now :( but it will only be a couple weeks until I see him at graduation and hopefully within a month of that the kids and I will be on our way to live with him at our new duty station.
Thanks for stopping by :)
4 comments:
I love the pictures from the snow and that one of the clouds is just amazing! I would love to see it blown up. I like how you put pics of the family members on the side, think I might steal that from ya ;-) Way to go MadBlogger!
Hey Rebecca! Man, I hope we don't encounter anything like you did at the airport. I bet you were so relieved when it ended up working out in the end. I'm really nervous about flying with the kids. Wish I could talk to you for support from someone who's been there, done that! I look forward to seeing you and your kids - their pictures are adorable. Looks like you had a great time with your family. Thanks for sharing!
Rebecca, that scrapbook warrior is coming out in you in a different way. I had no idea what a "blog" was twenty minutes ago... but your virtual scrapbooking is quite entertaining. Great pix of your darling little family. :)
The kids are such cuties. I am going to miss you guys when you leave... :(
But, it's great that we'll get to keep each other up to date on the comings-and-goings of our lives!
Hey Rebecca! It is Felisa Wieser. I am glad you are doing well! You will have to tell me how you set up and designed your blog because I have family out of town and it would be nice for them! Oh yeah! By the way I am pregnant again! Due Aug 31, 2007.
Post a Comment