I think I have shared before that some of my family (dad, stepmom, 8 siblings, husband, brother in law, two children & a grandmother) draw names to exchange gifts rather than trying to buy for everyone. It makes it a lot less overwhelming on both the giving and receiving ends - not to mention the organizational/OCDness of myself. Could you imagine each of your kids receiving even just one gift from that many people, it would be a lot for my two let alone my stepmoms 6 that still live at home. Part of the drawing names includes making some part of the gift. It can be as simple as making a card or some cookies or be a more elaborate fuller part of the gift. The homemade gifts are my favorite part. Because my kids are so little I am still making much of their gifts though I really should have had Michael make something this year - oh well there's always next.
So I'm sharing some of the craftiness that was going on in this house - none of it being mine. I wouldn't want my sister, best friend or any other family members who may read this to see what they get before they come out to get it or I finally (BAD! I know!!) get them mailed out. So to avoid spoiling any surprises I'll post the craftiness that Carrie, my stepmom, did instead. These are gifts for my kids & my little sister Hannah - but they are all under the age of 4 and don't read my blog yet ;)
We took a trip to Hobby Lobby {read: crafters/home decorators DREAM!} and she found these cute lunch pails to alter along with an easy example to follow. She changed up the themes, decorated the insides & voila! Cute, fun & homemade gift. They will look SO cute in the kids' rooms and be put to good use. She is filling Michael's with little army men and Lydia's has fun purses & hair accessories. After Christmas I'll be posting my own craftiness. Thanks for stopping
by!



3 comments:
OHHHHH SO CUTE! I LOVE Michael's army one! Andy the princess girly ones are too precious! I can't WAIT to see what you make your 'best friend' ;-) You are so crafty and your stuff always comes out SO BEAUTIFULLY! I just know your BFF will LOOOOVE IT :-D Your gift exchange thing really sounds awesome too! A GREAT way to really enjoy giving! and receiving ;-) YAY AFTER CHRISTMAS POST!
wow. those are so cute!
Those look SO good! I can't wait to see pictures of the stuff that YOU made!
Post a Comment