Today is two weeks until Christmas and two days until we travel to visit family & friends back home. It feels like I have so much left to do to get ready for both, probably because I do, and of course I procrastinate. I wanted to share some photos of us putting up the tree & decorating, also some fun ones I took of the kids in Santa hats. Though, if you asked them about it they would probably call it torture. I also took some creative shots of a couple of ornaments, if I were having a party I would use the one with the red ornament as a background for an invitation. Maybe next year.
Growing up my mom would get my sister & I each an ornament every year, I started the same with my kids but I need to look over the ornaments and see how behind I am on each of the kids. It's been two years since we decorated a tree so it was fun pulling them out and looking at them all. When I moved out on my own my mom gave me all of my childhood ornaments so those were fun to look at. We have one frame ornament with a picture of Shawn, Michael & myself from four years ago, our first Christmas as a family. Because it would be hard to find 2005-2007 frame ornaments I'm going to scrap some and print out photos from past Christmases. Then starting this year I'm going to get a framed ornament and put in a photo for each Christmas. That way when my kids move out & settle down and I give their ornaments to them I'll have 20ish ornaments of memories to keep on our tree. Other ornaments I've received as gifts or at ornament exchange parties and one I won in a bloggy giveaway last year. :D I have some that my great grandmother made also. I love the variety of ornaments with some glass bulbs scattered throughout.
I still want to make a gingerbread house with the kids and finish up the rest of the days on our advent calendar. I have several hand made gifts to get to, more to wrap and much cleaning and packing to do so I should get to that. I hope you are all enjoying this Christmas season and whatever traditions you share as a family.
Growing up my mom would get my sister & I each an ornament every year, I started the same with my kids but I need to look over the ornaments and see how behind I am on each of the kids. It's been two years since we decorated a tree so it was fun pulling them out and looking at them all. When I moved out on my own my mom gave me all of my childhood ornaments so those were fun to look at. We have one frame ornament with a picture of Shawn, Michael & myself from four years ago, our first Christmas as a family. Because it would be hard to find 2005-2007 frame ornaments I'm going to scrap some and print out photos from past Christmases. Then starting this year I'm going to get a framed ornament and put in a photo for each Christmas. That way when my kids move out & settle down and I give their ornaments to them I'll have 20ish ornaments of memories to keep on our tree. Other ornaments I've received as gifts or at ornament exchange parties and one I won in a bloggy giveaway last year. :D I have some that my great grandmother made also. I love the variety of ornaments with some glass bulbs scattered throughout.
I still want to make a gingerbread house with the kids and finish up the rest of the days on our advent calendar. I have several hand made gifts to get to, more to wrap and much cleaning and packing to do so I should get to that. I hope you are all enjoying this Christmas season and whatever traditions you share as a family.



7 comments:
wow we hav alot of the same traditions, my mom also gave me a bunch of our own and family ornaments when i left home. Love them on my tree. And I now too buy them for my kids.
The pictures are so pretty.
My mom did the ornament thing as well. It's great looking back at the ornaments... they all have a story and a memory that go along with what happened that year. By the way, your chairs look great. I recently did some myself, but haven't had a chance to upload them to my blog. It is amazing the difference that a little fabric can make... especially when you get it on clearance! A whole new look for $10 or less, that's what I am talking about!
I love your Christmas music! I'd take Christmas music over fresh fudge anyday! It's by far my favorite part of Christmas. I want to leave your blog open all day just to listen to the music!
I just love your wreath! It is so festive! The red bows really make the look!
Toni
precious pictures becca! I do the same thing with my son. A new ornament each year. It's so cool now that our kids are a little older huh?
AWWW! I love the pictures :D That wreath is so PRETTY! Maybe you can make ME one when you're here ;-) And the tree looks just gorgeous. Those pics of the kids are just toooo cute! HAPPY HOLIDAYS!
Love the decorations. And the hats!! :)
Have a great visit with family!!
Post a Comment