Well, I realized I hadn't posted anything in a few days and since I missed my flight out of Albequerque this afternoon I figured there isn't a better time than now to do one. I don't know if I had the wrong time in mind or the airline changed the flight time (like the agent told me) but either way I missed the flight and they didn't charge me (whew!) and I leave early in the morning instead.
This has been a really great visit with my family though so I don't mind it being extended a few hours. I can't put up any photos this time around because my thingy that hooks up to the computer and allows me to download photos from my camera is packed away. I'd rather take the time to write while Michael is entertained and Lydia content than pull the thingy out. So I'll do another post one of these days with recent photos of the family on there for all who know them to see. We've played board games (as customary) and I've won about half so that's fun. Two of those being risk games - yay for me. Michael and Hannah have had a lot of fun learning how to share, Carrie and I have had even more fun trying to teach them that sharing does not equal 'mine'. Josiah is a little lovebug to Chloe and now Lydia also - always giving kisses and hugs and being sweet to both babies. Caleb is a little smarty pants learning his alphabet sounds and starting to work on spelling. Chloe is almost one year old and starting to balance herself, I'm sure she'll be walking in no time. Christian is getting bigger and dose really well on the trumpet and with helping out with the little ones. (I keep saying I need to get me an 11 year old - though he's 12 now) Anyway we also had fun snowplay at the park, went out to eat a few times, watched 'open season' at the dollar theater, and today went to the zoo and road on a train. Michael loved the trainride, he's really into trains right now.
So far I'm getting great feedback on this thing so I guess it's working out like I had hoped. Like I said in an earlier post I probably won't be posting for a while until we move since I don't have much computer access. So until then thanks for visiting and check back every so often for updates.
Oh, a few things I found out from Shawn after he went back to Missouri. First, he's not getting hometown recruiting like we were hoping so he will be going straight to Kentucky. Second his MOS (job) is being phased out and reclassified so he will have the opportunity to change his career. He mentioned that he was thinking of becoming a medic but nothing is set yet. Changes to his job may also mean changes to his contract and our location. But I'm fairly certain we'll still be going to Kentucky, at least to start out. But this is the Army and nothing is certain except for the fact that nothing is certain.
I'll be sure to keep everyone updated on what's going on and may even do a post via my mom or someone if I find out anything big before we move.
Until next time, God bless.



2 comments:
What a neat way to keep in touch! I miss your presence at Alpha PRC, but I an rejoicing with you in your family's new adventure. May our Lord surround you with folks to love and encourage you wherever He leads you.
Blessings,
Kellie Pauley
Rebecca, No words could ever really say how I feel right now. When I spoke with your mother on Wednesday she bearly let me get a word in edge wise about my life. She was so into telling me how well she and the girls were doing(you and Rachelle) She stated she was a (Grandma NOT) But "A Nanner with an attitude",LOL
Renee said "You wait until you get grandkids you will be amazed how in oz you get over them." She explained it so well, she was so excited to tell me about everything. It made me feel like I can't wait to have grandkids myself. She is my teenager life memories and now she will be with me when I too become "A Nanner with an attitude." I will always remember her. She showed me how to live life with strength and lots of attitude. "Ready or not Jesus here she comes" and she will be a great angel.
Love and prayers to you and your family Keep on blogging it is awesome way of watching you grow.
Love always Auntie Debbie from Stuck In Lodi
Post a Comment