Friday, June 29, 2007

Back Home

It still feels odd to refer to Kennessee as 'home', I feel like I've just left home, not returned. Either way we received quite the warm homecoming. When we finally left the airport at 2:30am Wednesday morning it was 70* outside, did you hear me? 70* at 2:30am and once again I felt like I was in the butterfly habitat at a {formerly} local amusement park. How I am missing the perfect sunny California weather. As I sit at my computer there is a thunderstorm and it's probably 80 degrees outside. I know for many many people this is no big deal, certainly nothing worth posting on or mentioning but it's still very odd for me. Having grown up in northern California all my life where there were definite seasons my system is in a sort of shock.

So I'm writing this quick post to let you know that we are back. I've been trying to catch up on things and get back into some sort of routine again. I went through my e-mails, have caught up on a lot of blogs, still have some to browse through and now am attempting a post. In other news my house is in need of much attention and I'm still trying to get back much lost sleep. I know you can never really get it back but it's worth a shot right? Anyway, I've got a ton of stories to share from our trip so I'm going to get my photos organized and post a few stories over the next few days, maybe multiple posts a day so check back often. It's good to be back & I've enjoyed catching up on blogs. Though I really do miss California - well my people in California to be more accurate.

2 comments:

Christine - Tutorial Addict :) said...

AWWWW, we miss ya too! Although, I must say, it was a little weird without your daily posts! I too am a creature of habit and reading about your mundane daily life made me feel good, connected :-D and so I missed that while you were here, not near as much as I miss ya while you are there though! Either way, good to have you back and YAY MULTIPLE POSTS! :-D

hrpeters said...

I know what it feels like to come back home to California and then go back to my other home...Alaska, SF, Japan. It's strange but I understand completely. Thank you for all your wonderful comments on my blog! Welcome back home for a little while.
I met Christine at the shower and wanted to read her blog...do you have a link? Thanks sweetie!

My Cleaning Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones