It is Friday. This week has just crept up on me outta nowhere it seems. In 5 days I'll be leaving for California and very soon my sister will be happily wedded. This week has been a challenging one. With Shawn gone I've been very lonely. He's been able to call a few times but for very short periods of time so we don't get to talk much. I ♥ my kids and enjoy chatting with a friend on im and the occasional phone call but aside from that I don't have much adult interaction. I'm working on it though. I've joined a few meet up groups & look forward to meeting some other moms through that but this week has been lonely & emotional. But I have had some good days & moments throughout it. I think that is what I'm thankful for this week. The rain comes down but the sun comes up. There was a song we sang in church that better describes it but I can't find my notes on it right now. So I'll do my best without them or the words to the song. I would do a search for the lyrics but I can't remember the name of the song either.The storms in life come. We've all heard that saying "when it rains it pours" & for those of you who haven't heard it - it's true, or at least it can feel that way at times. Like when you realize you are out of mascara you are also running low on the rest of your make-up, you are behind on one bill and get a notice for yet another. Whatever the situation is, times get challenging & it can seem overwhelming. But what happens after the rain? The ground is replenished, things are cleaned & the sun comes out. When challenging times come we can either approach it kicking & screaming the entire way dragging our feet through the mud or we can stand, be still, spread our arms open & look up to the rain falling down. You can even stick out your tongue if ya want. Regardless of our attitude the rain will fall, things are going to happen. But rather than letting it drag you down & keep you down you can learn from it and grow from it. I'd much rather be living in the midst of a storm than a dry desert.



2 comments:
That is absolutely beautiful! Amazingly beautiful....thank you for such a great reminder of counting your blessings in the midst of a storm.
Awwww...love your post today honey.
I love the analogy. And you are right on with it too! We can't always decide what will happen to us, only how we let it affect our lives. There are few things we actually have control over in life, if you can make the decision to turn lemons into lemonade then life will the better for it! Not to say that we don't have those moments where you want to squeeze those lemons so hard until only pulp is left! But then you make lemon pulp cookies and all is well :-D
Post a Comment