This week I was all over the board. I had a couple of good days but began slacking in some areas. It seems that clearing the dishes, doing a quick pick up & a quick kitchen clean are pretty solid habits. Drinking water more often is as well. I've been thinking this week about the enjoying 'me' time habit. While I've checked it most days I'm wondering - did I actually enjoy my time or did I just do nothing? I guess either way it's my time and I can do {or not do} what I want, just a thought that I had. One other thing I noticed is this whole unscheduled preschool time just doesn't work for me. When we are out or playing or eating I often ask him his colors, we count things & we sing educational songs like Old McDonald - so he knows a lot of animals. But I think that I need something a little more structured. I want it to be more intentional. I don't mean homework or strict lesson plans & I'd still keep it short. My friend Chriss told me about this site for just that sort of thing. I haven't used it yet but I want to so I'm going to put the whole preschool thing on hold for now. On a more personal note, I brush less when my hubby isn't around. I need to get back on that one. And I need to take better care of my skin by using my face wash, night solution & moisturizer each night. I do well during the day but it works better when you use it all together.This week I'm going to just try to maintain my current habits. I'm leaving to go back home to California {where they don't typically have thunderstorms in the middle of June while it's 82* outside} for my oldest little sister's wedding. I don't know how often I will be able to get on the computer to post. I hope you all have great weeks & thanks for stopping by.
For more SMARTies visit Lara at The Lazy Organizer & join in on the SMARTness! You can click to see my full checklist if you'd like, I still don't know how to put it directly into my post.
Powered by ScribeFire.



15 comments:
Hi Rebecca! Thanks for visiting. Your habits look great. As far as the more structured preschool time, some ideas I would have for you would be the game Sum Swamp- it's for addition and subtraction and if you use manipulatives it is very concrete. Also, take index cards and put colors, letters, numbers or whatever on them and lay them out on the floor. Then call one out and have your child jump to the one you said. www.starfall.com is good for letters and sounds, too. Just a few ideas from our homeschooling house! I have a 6 yo and a 4 yo as well as the baby and toddler. It's busy around here! Good luck this week!
I wish I had your clean kitchen habit!!! Enjoy California.
I like Slow and Steady Get me Ready. It has some great ideas for children from birth to age 5 (I think!) Have a great week!
Hope you enjoy your sisters wedding and time back " home" .
Post lots of pics when you get back :)
lol... my bundle of joy has only just started sleeping through the night (mostly) at 14 months - an unexpected benefit of starting to wean him ;) now if only I could get him to make proper naptimes a habit!
Have fun at your sister's wedding!
We are sure going to miss your posts. I have to tell you that you are on to something with taking care of your skin every day. I have done so for years and I swear it is why I get compliments. People think I am the younger sister out of the three of us and I am the oldest. This makes me very happy but my two little sisters don't share my joy...Enjoy the wedding and the time away! Vaya con Dios!
I think I need an enjoying me time habit :) !! What a marvelous idea!
Good luck maintaining this week and have fun in California. I wish I could go, too!
You can also try Letter of the Week. She has ideas for ages 1 and up.
Good luck maintaining and ave fun in sunny Cal!
Hi becca,
I have never had any structured type of learning for my kids but have really just taken advantages of opportunities...I think you are doing a great job now in your games and songs and support. I guess my biggest advice would be to never ignore a question. Eli will drive me crazy with these on a daily basis.... e.g., what does 'worse' mean? Where does lightning come from? Hey, Mom do you know there is clothes that we wear and we close the door?(This kid is not reading yet so doesn't the real complexity of close and clothes)...suddenly, I am explaining homonyms to a 5 year old. What I'm saying (though it took me a long time to get here...) : life is the curriculum. Realize the opportunities. Have a fabulous time in CA at your sister's wedding. (And take lots of pictures to share with us later).
Very smart to take good care of your skin! Enjoy the wedding.
I agree with Leendaluu. Your child will learn best by exploring his world as long as you are there to answer his questions so don't feel bad if that is all you're doing!
Have a fun trip! Weddings are so fun!
Wow, I'm happily surprised at all of the comments. Thanks for all of the encouragement & advice. I definitely plan on continuing to take advantage of opportunities that come up to teach Michael but do want to also have something a little more structured. Like I said, nothing too serious but more so to keep myself accountable to it. Plus if we do end up going the home school route it will be good practice.
Rebecca,
It's a great idea to maintain what you're already working on instead of adding something new before mastering what you are already doing. I can already se that I'll have to do that in a few weeks (or work on my one diet coke a day habit...lol). Good luck!
Slava Bogu!
I think it's great you're refocusing on your goals. Good luck this week and have a great time at the wedding!
Have a great trip, good to focus on goals. Fly lady aint working for me, so I had hubby give me a list! HA!
Post a Comment