Friday, October 19, 2007

Faithful Friday {week 10}


I've been trying to think of something to write for this post all day and now Friday has almost passed. I don't know what the struggle has been. I'm sure lack of sleep due to all of the excitement {read: panic!} last night with the tornado warnings. I'm from California, we have earthquakes, I know all about duck & cover but a tornado? I think the hardest part of it all was being alone. Though my husband hasn't been through a tornado warning I'd have felt better with him here. He would have told me things would be fine & he would have known where the flashlight was - it's somewhere in that shed but I don't know which bin. By now he would have the whole thing set up and known. But we survived. The most we experienced was high winds & a thunderstorm. Not too far from my house a tornado did touch down several times but overall things were okay.

I've also got a lot on my mind. Tomorrow my daughter turns one year old. So much has changed in a year. My whole 'world' has been shaken & turned upside down. It's not all bad, sometimes we need a good shake in life - I think. But it's a lot to take in & look back on. And some of it is bad, some of it is hard and when I approach milestones like this it brings those things to the forefront of my mind. So here it is 11:03pm the night before my daughter's first birthday. I still have a lot of cleaning to do, should decorate so I don't have as much to do tomorrow since baking early is out of question {I forgot to get cupcake liners} and my mind is on overload. If you'd like to read more Faithful Friday's click on the button above. I hope you all enjoy your weekend. Thanks for visiting. I will have some fun holiday/birthday posts coming up soon.

6 comments:

Andrea said...

Rebecca -- we survived a few tornado warnings this summer as well. One of them, a funnel cloud went right over our house and did damage to our garage. A week later, my husband was tenting with some buddies when they survived another tornado scare. They are SCARY, especially when you are alone. So thankful you made it through and everything was okay.

I hope you got to relax today and enjoy your daughter's 1st birthday. It is a precious milestone, one that should be treasured. Sad that your hubby can't be with you to celebrate, but I hope it was a happy day nonetheless!

((hugs))

tammi said...

You have gone through a lot this year and I know you will have felt very keenly the absence of a couple of loved ones on your daughter's first birthday. I hope it was a happy celebration nonetheless and I'm glad to hear the storm brought no harm or damage.

Christine - Tutorial Addict :) said...

How scary to be alone and go through all this, both the tornado stuff and the retrospective of the past year. I've been thinking about it a lot too since I was privledged enough to be there when Lydia came into this world. So much has happened and still you remain positive and strong, not just for your kids and those around you, but because that's who YOU are. You are one of the strongest and yet most sensitive and caring woman I have ever met and I look up to you so much. Love you girl :-D

Motherwise said...

Happy birthday wishes and God's blessing to your one-year old! I get scared when I am along, much less when there's a storm or tornado warning. Isn't it amazing how much things can change in one year. Sometimes it makes it seem like it was really more than a year of time.

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday not only to Lydia but to the whole family! I know it must have been hard but I am sure you made it a very special day. Hope you had lots of support from other moms on the base.

Kimberly McKay said...

Living in Oklahoma...I am no stranger to tornadoes! Ouch! I'm glad you all were kept safe and sound. Thanks to God for your safety and peace of mind.

My Cleaning Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones