Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Confessions of a Preschooler

This conversation took place after I told Lydia to lay down on Michael's bed so I could change her diaper, that was just a little over full:

Michael: "No, not on my bed!"
Mommy: "You guys smashed goldfish all over the couch so I can't change her there."
Michael: "No, Lydia did that on the couch" {insert pause} "I just smashed them on the floor."

I hadn't even asked about the mess on the floor. I can only hope he'll continue being so honest & forth coming with information as he gets older. It's a stretch, I know, but I can hope!


I don't know what it is lately with the kids making messes with food, more than just normal messes while eating. No, they have a growing obsession {read: plan to get me} with making messes with food all over the floor. Yesterday when I got out of the shower I found that Michael got into the fridge and decided that he & sissy should share some shredded cheese. Not only did he split it between two little bowls he got out of the dishwasher {which I'm pretty sure was dirty} but also divided some among the couch, floor, table & dining chair. Good thing I didn't scrub the floors yesterday I suppose!

6 comments:

Christine - Tutorial Addict :) said...

LOLOL! I know it's not funny funny, but it's kinda funny ;-) I hear you bout the goldfish girl EGH! And cherrios and blueberries (those are the WORST! they eat through the tile sealer!) and crackers and whateverthehellelsetheyfindtodrivemetothenuthouse!!!

Kimberly said...

Cute! Maybe not fun, but cute!

Andrea said...

(Groan!) Messes that kids make drive me crazy -- but it's all part of the master plan, I suppose!

Anonymous said...

:o) Thanks, I'm glad you liked my little tin, I am going to put a little more info on how I made it later if you wanna buy the kit to follow along.

PS... I love how truthful kids can be, cute post.

Good to see you again.

Kimberly McKay said...

Oh yeah! Kids and food...the mess never ends! I'm so glad to hear from you Rebecca! And I can't wait till Lost starts so we can catch up on our 'what if' convo's!

Heather said...

ahhh man that sucks. My 3 yo right now like to tear up dandilions and of course he has to do it in the house.

So in response to your question on my blog, yup it is my last day for good. Trying to get son into a preschool. Also when I leave for the retreat I hate to say it but i usually leave junk like burgers, pizza, corn dogs for them. They also go out to eat alot to a sit down restaurant or over to a firends house for meals also.

My Cleaning Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones