Hi Blog, it's me Rebecca. Wow - no blogging for a month! And not for lack of things to talk about but lack of energy and variety of things to talk about. I could tell you about the day I spent on the couch and running to the toilet after so much as eating a saltine cracker but then that would cover 2 weeks. Fortunately I had two weeks of {mostly} sick free days in California visiting family & friends. The kids saw so many grandparents they were losing track of who was who. And I spent so much time by the food several people are convinced that I must be having twins. I'm not taking it too personally.Since being home I had another week{ish} of sick before finally cleaning up the house. I've been purging and cleaning and getting settled back in. This weekend I have pictures to sort and pages to plan before a friend comes over to scrap Tuesday and I phonescrap with my bestie on Thursday. So this week I have to share Christmas gifts I made last month but couldn't share because of nosey curious readers. ;)
Ta-Da!:
Here are two pictures of a 9 month paper bag album I made for my sister. She is ALSO pregnant - with her second - and our due dates are just a few weeks apart. I thought this would be a cute place for her to journal & put photos of this pregnancy. Because she doesn't know what she's having yet I kept it neutral with touches of pink, purple, blue & green.
This is one of the Christmas paper bag albums I made...I think this was for my dad & stepmom. I LOVE seven gypsies sticker sheets for paper bag albums. I choose paper & ribbons that coordinate and voila, it's done.
This is one I made for my mother in law. Same concept - paper bag, sticker sheet, paper, ribbon. Oh & for all of these albums I used rings to keep the bags together.
And this is the one I made for my best friend. One could say I wasn't very creative using the same idea for 4 {esp 3} gifts. Or they could say that it was a great solution when I had two days left until getting on a plane and gifts had to be finished.
Last time I shared scrap I shared a sneaky picture of one gift {two} and now I can share the whole thing. I made my sister & best friend a set of blank note cards with different themes - birthday, thank you, congrats, just because...and I can't remember what else. I included envelopes and two pens as well, it came out cute.
Our gift giving list was very simple this year and I think we'll keep it that way. In addition to the homemade gifts above the kids made ornaments for grandparents, I ordered photo books for our parents and two of my grandparents {there was a buy one get one sale and grandparents got a smaller size so that kept cost down} and I made the tote bags for all the kids. And that was it. Simple. We did buy the kids {and dad} a fishing game for the XBox, two movies and two board games for the kids, and I am going to get them each a full bedding set. Shawn & I exchanged small gifts - he got me two shirts {loved them!} and I got him two pajama sets {he was happy}.
To-Do:
- Sort photos & order whatever I need to finish Lydia's first year album.
- Plot out pages
- Scrap pages & finish Lydia's first year album.
- Get more page protectors and a second album.
- Get two albums for Michael's first year album (his are falling apart).



4 comments:
I love Love LOVE my cards & album! All of your gifts came out so pretty :) I love how simple you kept it this year, it inspires me to do that more this year and maybe to get started sooner ;-) Can't wait for our phone scrap, hope you get TONS done this week!
Great to see you back. I hear ya I went for some time wihtout blogging, you just run out of things to say I think.LOL.
I am heading on over to Sunday Scrappin. Talk to you later
What great gifts! I love those paper bag albums. And the cards are terrific!
Yep! Preggo :) Thanks :) I am due July 31st, I guess I should announce it a little better on my blog huh? :)
Do you like CTMH product? If you would like any products, there is a catalog online and I can have things shipped straight to you if you would like :) I wish we were closer!
... nice paper bag album... preggo ALSO! you and me together!??! I love that! when are YOU due???
Post a Comment