Sunday, March 28, 2010

Scrap{ish}

I haven't been scrappy in three weeks, that's almost a month! I know that's not a very long break but it feels long. I think because I was on such a roll scrappin and making progress on Lydia's album. Then I lost inspiration and was distracted with things like cooking a freezer full of food and decorating the kids' rooms. And of course still baking the baby. Pregnancy is going quickly & dragging on slowly all at the same time. Most days I feel pretty good, but still can't seem to keep up with everything around the house. I really enjoy the spurts of nesting energy I get.

This week I still don't have scrap to share {sad!} but I do have altered items that I used scrapbook paper on. So that counts for something right? I'll just pretend you said yes and keep going.

Ta-da!:
This may look familiar. I posted these here last year but made some changes to the first and finally added some more critters to the second. Now they're just waiting for Shawn to hang in the girls' room along with the shelves. I also found an old window frame that I want to sand and possibly paint this week so I can start on the collage pictured in this post.

I ordered these decals from etsy.com and put them onto red & blue card stock, after consulting with my husband on which color would be best for the autobots and decepticons. They looked flat and plain. Today I decided to stamp 'em for some texture. So I pulled out an alphabet stamp that wasn't girly, some stars & a square stamp and red & blue inks for a tone on tone look. I stamped the names of the autobot & decepticon transformers. Michael thought it was a great idea. I'm happy with how they turned out.

I hope to have some scrap to share or creative projects of some kind. This week will be a busy one with menu planning, grocery shopping & freezer cooking to do again. It has been nice having a couple weeks "off" from that though. Have a great week, thanks for visiting!

5 comments:

Christine - Tutorial Addict :) said...

LOVE the new layout! Those shadow boxes came out super cute and I bet they will be so cute in the girls' room :) I love what you did with the decals, I was thinking of doing that whenever I get some too, so they're portable :) I feel the same way about the lack of scrappiness :-/ maybe our inspirations will return this week, maybe one of us can motivate the other! *NOT IT!* LOL

Christine Duff said...

LOVE your freezer meal idea! I am going to try it. I would love to be able to take something yummy out of the freezer and be done. Love the shadow boxes too. Thanks for stopping by Sunday Scrappin'!

Wani said...

The Transformers cut outs are great!

Melanie H said...

Fantastic projects Rebecca, my husband and daughter are big Transformer fans. lol

Hope you are feeling good with your pregnancy, only 3 weeks for me to go.

Hope you a good week ahead.

Anonymous said...

"Whoa! Okay - is this an April fools thing? If so - good one. If not - YAY!!! Congratulations! Any word on genders or are you guys going to find out? I've heard once you have three any more added to that is no big deal, you have more kids than hands anyway. ;)"

APRIL FOOLS!!!

I know - I'm terrible :)

And we are having a boy, I should probably announce that one, if anyone will believe me now. We like finding out, so we are already calling him Logan and I am already getting the hand-me-down clothes organized (more like I'm planning to) but it helps us attach and prepare :) even outnumbered planning it good :)

My Cleaning Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones