So does that give you an idea of what a couple days of vacation were like? Really, vacation starts the morning after you arrive and ends the night before you leave because all the airport business is no vacation, trust me. There were three reactions I would get from people who saw me & the kids waiting at the same gate they were. 1) Sympathy/Shock: "poor you", "I feel bad for you", "Are you crazy?" {that was more of a look, not so much a comment}. 2) Helpful: "Do you need a hand?", "Can I help you with something?" 3) Scared/Upset: "Great, I'm stuck on a plane with them", "I hope she bought three seats", "I hope I'm not sitting next to her", "I hope I'm not sitting anywhere near her". {Again these thoughts were conveyed more through looks, body language, eye rolls & huffs}.
Once we were sitting on the plane things did go well overall. Michael got antsy if we had to wait to take off for too long, which of course was every time we took off. When it was time to take off he would 'pat, pat, pat' like the little einsteins & blastoff. It was very cute. He also liked looking out the window at the clouds. He did sleep some but not as much as I would have liked. Lydia slept quite a bit like every flying baby should. During her waking moments she enjoyed chewing on a plastic cup, her toys and anything else she could get into her hands. She & Michael had fun making each other laugh too. Here are some photos from our airplane experience, enjoy!
Thanks for stopping by.
Powered by ScribeFire.



4 comments:
Hey nominated you for an award!
Come pick it up at:
http://wornoutwoman.blogspot.com/2007/06/rocking-blogger-girly-awardi-love.html
I'm glad you're all home safe and sound! Love the pics!
wahoo! Thanks for the award, it's really cute. I'll post about it soon - promise!
Welcome back! We all missed you. And let me say, you have my deepest admiration. I can't stand to fly by myself and take care of me...never mind kids. Last time of course, Ani vomited all over me mid-flight---you think about packing extra clothes for the kids but never yourself, so I wore a Delta blanket sarong until my shirt driedout......
When I flew with Kaden he had did a #2 so I took him into the bathroom and layed a blanket on the toilet seat because there was nowhere else to change him. When I reached into the diaper bag for wipes I realized I left th em on the other plane after changing him. So I had to use t.p. which doesn't work so good for infants. I ended up with pooh everywhere for some reason. On me, his blanket and his clothes. And yet I made the same mistake...no clothes on the carry-on for me. Just for Kaden.
Post a Comment