Hello, my name is Rebecca & I'm a procrastinator. They say admitting your problem is the first step right? So what's the second step? Probably something to do with changing the problem. Though I procrastinate with just about everything so I'd need quite a few steps to change that. My grocery shopping gets done when I'm completely out of the basics, laundry often is washed when I run out of clean shirts, I clean the house last minute before hubby gets home, fill up the gas tank when the light comes on, etc.
And so here it is about 7:00am Tuesday morning I leave for the airport in 8 hours and not one bag is packed. 8 hours, that's plenty of time you say? And to that I say ha! Do you really think that the only thing I have left to do today is pack my bags? If so go reread the first paragraph. Finished? K. So like I said 8 hours. What's left to do you wonder? Well for one all three of us need to bathe & get dressed, diaper bag needs to be packed, purse needs to be packed, bags as mentioned need to be packed, I have to put our mail on hold at the Post Office, pick up Lydia's prescription {rash cream} & clean the house so hubby doesn't come home to a disaster area. All while changing diapers, nursing a baby, making food for the boy & trying to remember everything I need to bring. I can see myself on the plane halfway to California & realizing I forgot my bridesmaid dress or shoes or something important like that.
And now I must go. After reading that list of things my mind is racing so I need to start doing & not just listing. I'm a great lister, not always a great doer. I'll be back in two weeks with lots of photos & fun stories to share. Thanks for the visit & take care!
Update: It's now 2:00pm, errands were made, bags packed & put in the car and the house is clean enough for hubby {& myself when I get back}. That means I have almost 2 hours to not stress, that'll be new for the day. :P
And so here it is about 7:00am Tuesday morning I leave for the airport in 8 hours and not one bag is packed. 8 hours, that's plenty of time you say? And to that I say ha! Do you really think that the only thing I have left to do today is pack my bags? If so go reread the first paragraph. Finished? K. So like I said 8 hours. What's left to do you wonder? Well for one all three of us need to bathe & get dressed, diaper bag needs to be packed, purse needs to be packed, bags as mentioned need to be packed, I have to put our mail on hold at the Post Office, pick up Lydia's prescription {rash cream} & clean the house so hubby doesn't come home to a disaster area. All while changing diapers, nursing a baby, making food for the boy & trying to remember everything I need to bring. I can see myself on the plane halfway to California & realizing I forgot my bridesmaid dress or shoes or something important like that.
And now I must go. After reading that list of things my mind is racing so I need to start doing & not just listing. I'm a great lister, not always a great doer. I'll be back in two weeks with lots of photos & fun stories to share. Thanks for the visit & take care!
Update: It's now 2:00pm, errands were made, bags packed & put in the car and the house is clean enough for hubby {& myself when I get back}. That means I have almost 2 hours to not stress, that'll be new for the day. :P



7 comments:
I hope you made it in time! Have a great trip!!!w
Howdy! I saw your sister and Amy on Sunday at Alezteca. What a treat! You'll never guess what fun group I joined this summer...scrap-booking! Will miracles never cease?
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUUUU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUUUUUU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR REBEEEEECCCAAAA, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!
I am a master procrastinator, too! My husband used to be more nervous about me not finishing my college papers than I was. They were always finished last minute, but finished they were! haha!
You won our Dates with Dad set contest, by the way!! Could you email me at jane @ pinksandblues . com with your shipping address?
Thanks!
Jane, Pinks & Blues Girls
Hope you're having a great time out there - wish I could be there! Happy {Belated} Birthday, by the way ;)
From one procrastinator to another (and from one Gemini to another)...just a quick message to say that I think your blog is great and congrat's on winning the DwD contest!!
This sounds about like my life. I know I have things to do, but never seem to get things started and done when I plan on them.
I'll bet you'll enjoy the trip, even if things were a little hairy getting out the door. ;)
Post a Comment