So according to Joe's Goals I have flat lined. Really I have done some cleaning and cooking (or heat applying) around here I just haven't been keeping track. Don't worry, no need to call CPS or get too concerned for my kids. ;) This week I'm going to get back on track with recording my habits (adjusting where necessary) and my new goal for the next two weeks is going to help me in my move.Yes, I'm moving. We were informed two weeks ago that our house would be part of a new renovation project and we'd have to be out by January, so to ensure we still have on post housing I'm volunteering to move sooner. Yesterday I got my new address & move in date so I need to start collecting boxes, packing & cleaning for final inspection. I want to do one or more of those things each day. Though the timing could have been better, like moved before my hubby left, I'm really excited about my new house. It's a one story duplex - great with Lydia starting to WALK!, has a newly renovated kitchen, separate laundry room (as in not in the kitchen!), double vanity in the bathroom (may have second bath or half bath in master bedroom), tan/beige paint rather than stark white, guest parking on the street, easier to find & it's shaded. Also the move shouldn't be too bad because it's just down the street and my hubby's Rear D (Rear Detachment = the part of his unit that stays behind) is going to help me with the move, all I have to do is pack & point to where large items need to go. We will also have a carport, and still a shed. I'm really looking forward to being moved and decorating. It will provide me with some distraction and keep me busy until it's time to visit my family in New Mexico.
Also! I got a phone call from my hubby @ 1:30 in the morning yesterday. I was half asleep, congested & it was only a couple minutes but it was so good to hear his voice. He's not at his final destination but arrived at his training location and will be there for a few weeks. I don't know when the next phone call will be; it could be tomorrow or in two months. I am excited to hear from him again. The kids are doing well, Michael watched the video message Shawn left for him on my cell phone and was smiling ear to ear and responding to the message saying "wuddu too". I teared up a little. My sweet hubby also left a video message for me & I've watched it a few times. He made one for Lydia that she can enjoy when she's a little older. For now she just tries to eat the phone.
Thanks for stopping by! I hope you all have a great weekend and I really appreciate all of the supportive and encouraging comments you all have left. I'm still not reading blogs as much as before & it may take me some time to get to yours but I will. The kids & I have been under the weather for a few days and there's a lot I need to do.




12 comments:
I'm not always a fan of technology, but how wonderful to live in a time when it's so much easier to communicate with loved ones in the armed forces during deployment. I know it's still not regular communication, but at least you don't have to wait for him to have time to sit down and write a letter!! Not to mention waiting on the postal service to get it anywhere.
You sound so positive and upbeat about the move and it sounds like things are falling into place quite nicely. I'm so happy for you. What a great answer to prayer!
I've been away from the blogging world myself lately. It is so hard to get back into once you are a away for a while. Good luck with the move, I'm glad you have a lot of help as you don't have your husband. Keep that upbeat attitude, it will get you through.........and we will all have to keep your hubby in our prayers. have a great week.....hope you all feel better soon.
Good luck with your move... I'm sorry your husband has been deployed and I wish him home safe and sooner than later.
I'm so sorry that your husband has been deployed. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.
oh - moving can be so much work even if it is just down the street. i am glad to hear that you will have some help and that new place will work out for you.
i am sorry that you and your love have to be apart. my younger brothers both just deployed (one to Iraq the other to Qatar) and I was thinking how much harder it must be for those soldiers with families of their own! glad he could call and how very sweet to have video messages to help tide you over.
good luck with the move and keeping track of your habits! you can do it! ~jenn
AW the new house sounds GREAT! and I'm glad you'll have some help. How fun that Lydia is walking now, and those messages sound so sweet, *I* almost teared up! :-D I'm glad you got to hear from him and that at least with the move and your upbeat attitude, things will be ok. Good luck with your habits! You're better than me girl! to be able to keep up with your old ones, let alone start NEW ones! Good for you - keep up the good work!
I hope the move goes smoothly.
I am so glad that you got to hear from the love of your life...being apart is such a trial but I know that you are a strong lady and will find a way to cope :)
You're making me cry over here too! Good luck with the move. Moving is always hard no matter what. If I were there I would definitely lay on your couch and cheer you on!
Sounds like your new house is a step forward...and no more having to run up and down stairs a million times a day. Hope you have great duplex-mates (and maybe even some friends for Michael and Lydia!)
I am glad you get a project to keep you busy while he's gone. I will pray for him while he's gone. Keep me updated!
I am glad to hear the move is going to be a big blessing for you and that you will have lots and lots of help!
I am tearing up over the messages too!
I didn't know your family was in NM - mine too!! Mine are in the lower half of the state.
love the red font! very fun! I haven't been around here for a while..but my bloglines says you're alive and well!
Post a Comment