
Just short of two weeks later & part of the house is photo ready! I have never moved this quickly in a move - ever. So I'm really excited about it. I started hanging pictures two days ago & am just about done in the main space, still have one wall above the dining table to figure out. The bathroom is always the first room I do because it's so easy, hang a shower curtain & put up a couple things - voila a finished room! Having one space complete usually motivates me to start on another space. Hanging pictures or art is one thing I've never felt I was very good at. It just never seems to look right. After browsing the internet, gotta love google, I found some helpful websites (listed at bottom of the post) & figured out some things I was doing wrong - wrong for me anyway. I was hanging stuff too high, putting lots of space between items and not trusting my eye. (Disclaimer: I don't think there's a 'rule' or only one way to do things, it all comes down to your own style/preference) Oh and in the picture above, Michael is hammering a nail in the wall - a real nail with his wooden toy hammer. Sorry for fuzzy picture, I'm hoping to get a new camera soon!

So this is the bathroom. It's not yellow looking like that, I forgot to open the window to let in some natural light. To the right is the double vanity with lots of storage underneath (still need containers to keep things tidy), the open doorway - that goes to our bedroom (I took the picture from the hallway) to the left is the shower & linen closet.

This was the next grouping of pictures I hung. Before these were much higher above the buffet & more spread out. Now they are at eye level - so you can actually see the prints & tell the time. I'd like to do more with the buffet itself since I don't really use it to serve off of, I thought a floral arrangement would be nice but I'm sure it will likely stay like that unless there's clutter stacked.

This is the next photo grouping I did. One of the websites suggested laying out things for a collage on the floor before hanging them up to avoid having 1000 nail holes in your wall. With two little ones I couldn't put them on the floor but my table worked just fine. I added a couple more this afternoon and can see that I need to make a couple adjustments with frames that are too close. And I'm not sure that I like the collage frame with the rest, it may be too busy, so that's probably going to find another home. But overall I really like how it looks. The weaved yarn thing hanging & small embroidered owl (you can't see it well in this photo) my stepmom picked up at a yard sale & everyone laughed that I liked it. I like how they add texture & a pop of color in the frames. I've got pictures of almost all our immediate family. Still need to get some pictures from people, change out some pics & add a couple frames possibly but it will be fun when it's all done.

This is a snapshot of the main living space. The photo collage is on the wall behind the couch but there's 3-4 feet between the couch & wall so the TV wouldn't be 20 feet away from the couch. I still need to arrange the frames on the TV unit but it's better than when they were stacked up. Oh & I also hung up some photos on the wall you first see when you walk in the house. I'll have to do a video tour & see if I can figure out how to upload the video to the blog. I can give you a silent tour because my camera doesn't record sound. There's still plenty I want to get for the main space like curtains, a recliner (for my hubby), a large plant to fill the space (& keep the baby from the power strip) between the TV unit & computer, and some floating shelves but I'm happy with how it's coming along so far.
Thanks for stopping by, I'm hoping to post more photos soon.
♥
Helpful sites:
How Do I Hang Pictures?How To Hang & Display Your PicturesDIY: How To Hang PicturesHow To Hang Pictures & Displaying Art
9 comments:
You did a great job!
Yeah! You're back! Wow, you move fast, girl. We moved a year ago and I still haven't done most of the rooms.
This place seems brighter than your last...at least in the photos. Love the floors.
Congratulations! I hope you all will be really happy there. Michael looks so cute in that picture, I'm sure he was all proud of himself!
Wow, you've been busy!! With little kids underfoot, you've accomplished an amazing amount of work! Good for you! The house looks great and I LOVE the photo collage. I need to finish mine.
P.S. After I commented on your junk drawer post, I did, indeed, clean out and organize mine!! Ahhhh, that feels good! See what an inspiration you are?
OMG! I LOVE your house! It looks so beautiful. I've always loved the way you decorate, it just always seems to work so well! And THAT was when you did it "wrong"! ;-) Thanks so much for the links below, if I ever end up getting as far along as you I will totally need them! :-D And the virtual tour would be AWESOME!
Your house looks GREAT!! And you have done an incredible job making it look like home!
You amaze me! I don't think your hubby is the only one who deserves a metal;)
Thankyou so much for inviting us into your home...it all looks gorgeous and all credit must go to you :)
Thanks everyone!
Post a Comment