I am finally ready to jump back into SMARTness. I really need to get back into a more regular routine. I've gotten a lot accomplished at the new house and am excited about it but I really need to get back on track with the daily maintenance of things. I need to make adjustments to my schedule and plan would like to start planning out a week or two ahead of time. It's really easy for me to become a hermit, especially with hubby gone, so if I schedule things I'm more likely to get out of the house. This week I'm sticking to my same habits, not adding anything because it's been a while. The one habit I've done very well at (though Joe's Goals has flat lined) is organizing one space a day (or more!). I'd like to keep that one going as a regular thing, not just result of moving and unpacking. Click on the picture to visit the Lazy Organizer & other SMARTy pants out there.On another topic, I'm so very excited about the fall season! We're finally out of the 80-90* temps and cooling down. I'm sure it will get colder here than what I'm used to in California, but that's fine by me. I love dressing in layers and wearing sweaters and scarves. And I eyed a cute pair of boots the other day so I think there's a little shopping trip in my future. Today we are going to a fall festival just off post, but it is a post sponsored event. There will be hay & pony rides, bouncers, souvenir photos and free pumpkins to decorate with the kids. We are meeting up with another friend and her daughter so having the company will be nice. I'm sure the kids will have a ball. I'll be going to another pumpkin patch & decorating party with my mommy group in a couple weeks and our community office is hosting a Halloween festival so that should be fun for the kids as well. I ♥ fall!
I want to say thanks to everyone who has left me such wonderful comments recently. I really do appreciate the encouragement & support. I'm going to try doing better at responding to comments in the comment section myself. I'm so glad that so many people were inspired by my de-junk drawer plan and wish I could invite each of you over for lunch or coffee & give you a tour of the new house. I am really excited about it, can you tell? :P
I hope you all have a great weekend, thanks for stopping by. Check back this week for a post about payback & boo!




11 comments:
I used to organize one thing everyday..... what happened to that? I found your blog through the SMART Habits group and already you've inspired me.
=)
Welcome back and good luck!
oh girl, i heart fall too! it's so cool that you've gotten so much done and have so many fun activities planned! good luck on jumping back in, hope you have a SMARTer week than I did!
Your house is looking so good after only two weeks! I can't wait till I'm back in the organizing swing of things.
How fun to have a new house to get organized in. Seems like a clean slate to start with. Good luck!
Haha, I'm a total hermit too!! Hubby's a social butterfly, so you can imagine how well this part of our relationship works! Have fun at the fall festival!
I'd love to see your new house!! I too love fall. I am excited about the waether cooling down and opening the windows, airing out the place. yay
Not sure where you are located, but different weather means different wardrobes :) Which usually means shopping!
Your house looks WONDERFUL & I cannot believe you did it w/o DH!
To help you get some routine in your life & keep your new home looking nice, go to www.flylady.net
settling into a new house is a lot of work. glad to hear it is going well for you! it looks fantastic. great work on organizing one space a day. i have got to get started on something like that! i always forget how much a can get done in just a few minutes! have a great week! oh and i love being a SMARTy pants!
Thanks for all of the encouragement everyone! Having my progress to show off to my loving internet helps to keep me motivated.
Great habit. I need to start doing one thing a day again. I used to do that all on my blog until my family started calling and asking why I'm getting rid of this or that. Drove me crazy. But.. I love it.. so will go back to it. Thanks for your motivation.
Post a Comment