Sunday, August 3, 2008

Sunday Scrappin #39

I came back home earlier this week. It was a lot of fun visiting family & friends in California, New Mexico & Texas even! But it was a long 5 weeks & it's good to be back home. I'm still not quite back into routine, in fact this morning I'm struggling to get moving & stuff taken care of. I don't know if it's because I'm not sleeping well or being overwhelmed with everything to take care of, either way I need to snap out of it.

Anyway, on with the scrap! So before leaving New Mexico my stepmom & I made time to scrap again. I did the pictures I was struggling with the last time we scrapped and finally used that fruity paper - does it still count as completing a challenge if it's a couple weeks later?? Either way, it's one more spread done for the album and one less stack of photos for me to think about getting done. I'm happy with how it looks, not sure if the buttons really 'work' or not but they are there. On the second page I did a mini flip book, the photo of Michael on the motorcycle ride (upper left corner) has 2 or 3 photos under it and attached with staples. I liked too many photos & couldn't crop them all so it works. I still have the journaling to do but other than that here is my tada:




My todo's: I'd like to finish the journaling on all of the pages I did over vacation & make sure I have dates on each of them. If I get really ambitious I want to organize my scrappy stuff. Not sure that I'll have time to scrap this week but if I do then it will be bonus.

Thanks for dropping by! To check out other scrappers & their scrappiness click the button above & if you're feeling crafty - join us!

13 comments:

Forgetfulone said...

Glad you're back. That's a long time to be away. Your layout is adorable, and of course it counts as completing a challenge, late or not! I hope you get your journaling done. That's a daunting task sometimes. Happy scrappin'!

ChrissyM said...

Your page looks great! And yes it still counts even though you finished it late. I am horrible when it comes to journaling. I have to start adding that to the page first that way I have it on the page. I start off with a spot of the journling but I end up putting an embellishment or picture in that spot and then when its all adhered together I'm like NOOOOOOOO!!! Good luck with your ta do's!

Christine Duff said...

I loves your pages. Welcome home!

Anonymous said...

great layouts! thanks for sharing!!

Kimberly McKay said...

I love coming here b/c the music is just too fun! Glad you're back home safe from what sounds like a loooong trip. Sounds like youre ready to get back to a schedule too huh?? :)

Amy said...

Great layout! And yes, it absolutely counts no matter when you do it~ it's all for fun, no pressure of time limits. ;)

Melanie H said...

Welcome home, hope you settle back into a routine soon.

I love this layout, the buttons look wonderful on this page.

Have a good week.

Anonymous said...

I don't know much about it but it looks pretty to me :) Glad you got home safe.

& by the way HOW did you rank a 5 week vacation? I need to come hang out with you to get some pointers. :)

Anonymous said...

Welcome home! I love these layouts...they are so clean and the use of color is perfect.

Anonymous said...

I am doing better, but things are still hard.... I asked my hubby to get rid of all his video games and he did, so now he is bored at lot and angry... it's hard.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your great comment on my blog! I have no idea what one uses a moo for...they are so tiny, I suppose the possibilities are endless: gift tags, embellishments...
As for embossing, it IS fun! Once you start, it is hard to stop. I bought my first embossing/hot-air gun at 16, and I still have it (15 years later). It isn't difficult and makes for such great effects.

Christine - Tutorial Addict :) said...

LOVE the pages! They are so clean and pretty, as always :-D I GUESS I could say glad you're home ... but I'm NOT! WAAAAAH!!!!! ;-) Srsly though, can't WAIT til we scrap via satelite again ;-) Its not as good as being together, but its pretty great anyway! We just gotta add in the drinks we had while you were here :-D

Anonymous said...

nope, I misplaced your address my dear.

could you send it again?

scrappingservant at gmail dot com

thanks

My Cleaning Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones