Okay, so am I the only mom who wants to just get away for a day - no diapers, no sippy cups, no nursing, no baths, no park, no nothing but whatever I feel like. I can't be because my life is probably not much different than other stay at home moms out there. Don't get me wrong, I love being a sahm and the precious time I get to spend with my kids; teaching them, loving them, encouraging them. But to have a day that I can sleep in, lounge, go out (without it taking at least 30 min to get out the door), shop without little hands reaching at everything and little feet running a muck. Then the guilt creeps in, feeling like a bad mommy because I'm complaining about my little blessings. I guess our current living situation has just heightened everything and made me more aware of some stuff. It doesn't help that Shawn already knows people and has friends to hang out with, glad for him - stinks for me. How I miss being able to call a friend to meet at the park, grab lunch or just go hang out. Any prayers on this area would be much appreciated. I know God has placed us here for a reason and I've had ideas about my purpose in this place but it's hard to see the promised land when you're stuck on the other side of the mountain (does that make sense?). Anyway, I'd appreciate the prayer.
Thanks for letting me rant a little and exhale, let it go. That's a little odd isn't it? I'm thanking you for letting me rant when you really had no choice. You clicked on a link, typed in a website or just stumbled upon here without any warning of my mood or thoughts. I guess I should say thanks for reading/listening.
Anyway, we have hit a milestone for little Mikey today - he has shown true interest to take care of business. He absolutely does not like sitting on the toilet though so I don't know whats going to happen come poo poo time. As it is we have to get a little stool so he can stand at the toilet for pee pee. I've thought of getting one of those little seat covers that make the hole smaller (so his skinny buns don't fall in) but that doesn't help with the height issue. And I've got no idea what the bathroom looks like or how much space we'll have for a stool & seat cover...alas I may have to cave in and get a wretched interest in using the poddy. While he is still learning the difference between "feeling like you have to go pee pee" and "mommy saying 'let me know when you have to go pee pee' " - he's at least interested. When the last of his diapers run out we're getting pull ups so it will be easier for him to bolt to the poddypoddy training seat. I think they are disgusting and have been dreading the thought of cleaning one of those things out, it getting knocked over all over the floor, or worse - Lydia making a new discovery when she starts to crawl. (Yuck!!) My best hope is that Michael grows taller and gets over the fear of the toilet seat within 3-5 months. (I think that's about when she'll be crawling - can't remember how old Michael was when he did at the moment) So if any of you have poddy trained a boy or a girl for that matter (boys sit half the time too) I would appreciate suggestions. I'm sitting here wondering, when do we start putting underwear on him? How many extra sheets should I buy? How many spare pants and underwear should I keep handy in the car? How does the car seat come apart to give a thorough cleaning? What signs do I look for (beside poddy dance) that he has to go so I can help remind him? And so on... So like I said, any suggestions would be helpful.
I think that's about it for today. I think Michael is finally really sleeping so I can have some ice-cream without having to tell him I'm not sharing. (If I can't get a day off I'll at least enjoy my ice-cream in peace) : )
Thanks for the visit.



1 comment:
ooohhh i remember being in a hotel room for 2 months ~ me 8 mos pregnant, my husband, 4 kids (8,5,4,1) a min. pinscher, a kitten and 2 lizards (chinese water dragons). u are NOT a bad mom for feeling like u need a day to yourself, girl that is STRESSFUL! (((prayers)))) for your continued patience - it doesn't sound like it will be too long before u are in your house!
in Him,
heather
Post a Comment