Shawn is blissfully sleeping and I'm still surfing the net. I was planning on enjoying a bowl of ice-cream while chatting but it's getting late here so I'll settle for a bowl of cereal before going to bed. Anyone who really knows me won't be too surprised at that. I love my cereal. My dad used to ask me which brand I preffered, once I went into this long shpeel about how it depended on my mood and the time of day (cereal's not just for breakfast) - when I asked why he replied with "I want to know where I should buy stock and get some return on my investment" - hmmm.
So before my cereal and bed I'll finish this entry. It's 12:30am now, though in California time it's only 10:30 so that's not so bad. Hmm...so what else is there worth mentioning about Kennessee?? Oh I know. Okay so we aren't in as desolate a location as I thought we would be. On Fort Campbell Blvd (Clarksville, TN) there are a lot of restaurants and shopping areas. Some places to note are the Piggley Wiggley (no joke - always thought that was some made up place in movies and shows - but its real, a convenient mart like ampm), Hardees (which has the carl's jr. star logo for some reason) and these ones I'm being serious; Sonic, Ruby Tuesdays, and CiCi's Pizza. Sonic and CiCi's I know from New Mexico (though this sonic doesn't have a green chille cheeseburger) and we ate at Ruby Tuesdays last week and it was good. One thing that I have yet to find is a scrapbook store - I know it's just awful, I mean can you imagine a town without a scrapbook store? Yeah, I know I'm a little dramatic but what can I say? I love to scrap and I was looking forward to meeting others who share in the hobby. I'm venturing out on my own tomorrow and in hopes to find a store - wish me luck!
Military life calls for adjustments on an almost daily basis. Today Shawn worked from 6:30-5ish?? (He didn't come straight home because he locked his keys in the car and had to wait for tow truck so I'm not sure exactly when he was off) Tomorrow he has to report at 5:30 (I think) and won't come home until Thursday morning because he has nightguard duty. If it wasn't for our appointment at the housing department I wouldn't see him for a full day. Definately not your typical work schedule. Although it does go the other way too. Monday was some holiday (still don't know which one) but he had it off. I'm sure it was some special Army thing because no one else seemed to be affected by it. He is doing well in his job. He is the 6th fastest runner out of his entire company, has interviewed to be a driver for the sgt. major (in Iraq), and is coming up on his promotion to Private First Class (E3). Yay for Shawn! I'm really proud of him.
Well, I can't think of anything else at the moment and my tummy is calling for cereal. I'm sure Lydia will be up soon to nurse so I should get going. Looking forward to talking again soon :)



1 comment:
Cereal is definitely the ultimate food, I must agree with you. I think I'll have some for lunch ;).
I can't believe they have you in a single hotel room for your TLF! It'll be such a relief to get your home set up. It sounds pretty nice (the townhouse, not the hotel)and how awesome to have a yard for the kids to play in. And, If there's no scrapbook store around maybe you should consider opening one...I could totally see you doing that! Hugs to you,the man and the beebees for me!
Post a Comment