Thursday, March 15, 2007

Hotel Livin

Well, today was uneventful ~ in an unfortunate sort of way. Shawn finally came home this morning, after working all day and night yesterday, for a couple hours so we could go to the community directors office and transportation office. It was great to see him again - Michael was really excited, watching for him out the window of the hotel (we have a great view of the parking lot - yeah baby) and running up to the door to greet him. I'm sure Shawn thought was just about the greatest thing. The unfortunate uneventful part is that we won't be able to move into our house until March 30th, and our belongings won't be delivered until April 2nd...which means another two weeks here in the one room hotel and three days at the house with no bed, table, couch, tv, lamp...nothing but what Shawn brought in the pathfinder down here. So I'm hoping it will be really nice weather those days so we can at least spend time at the park. We're going to see if we can pick up the stuff ourselves if Shawn's friends with trucks don't mind helping out. Crossing my fingers! : )

It wasn't all bad though, when we drove by the townhouse we realized that ours isn't that funky mental house green I thought it was, or the bright bright yellow - they are grey, grey and brick. Some of you may be thinking "gray is so boring/plain/neutral" - and normally I would agree. I love many shades of green and would love to own a cute little creamy yellow house one day but trust me these green and yellows are funky, with emphasis on the funk. Brick and grey siding is wonderful! And not only that but I am a stroller walk away from - get this - a starbucks which is right next to this awesome park. Since it was rainy today we couldn't go there but it looks great. It's called a boundless park and they were doing a story on it on Fox News Channel today, something about it being good for kids and soldiers when they come back home and kids with disabilities to play along with everyone else. I caught the end of it but you can read the full story here if you are interested. It looks really neat and will be a fun place to take the kids. Ah, I can see it now; taking a stroll down to starbucks and picking up my blended white mocha (cold, fat and whipped ;) letting the kids play while chatting on the phone, reading a good book or talking with other moms, maybe planning a mary kay party even. I am really looking forward to being in a home again.

Well, like I said the day was pretty uneventful. Thanks for stopping by, hope your day was great.

Funny sayings from kids (not mine, not yet anyway):

The Sermon this Mom will never forget....

"Dear Lord," the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. "Without you, we are but dust." He would have continued but, at that moment, my very obedient daughter (who was listening!) leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little girl voice, "Mom, what is butt dust?"

3 comments:

Christine - Tutorial Addict :) said...

You are so freakin lucky - HOT FAT AND WHIPPED BABY! That is great that you won't be sportin hospital green but sucks that you won't even have a bed to celebrate in ;-)

Melanie Faith said...

Wow, Starbucks around the corner... that's dangerous. Sounds like you guys are adapting pretty well to life in KY. I remember all too well the... "interesting" house decor of military housing. It doesn't seem so... "unique" until you've lived the civilian lifestyle. But, the benefits of living on base are worth it. I'm glad you're venturing out on your own and looking for new conquests. You sounds happy! ^_^

Melanie Faith said...

PS: That's "sound" not "sounds." My bad! Doh!

My Cleaning Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones