Yay for hotels that provide broadband internet with no extra fees and husbands who drove the computer 2500 miles and brought it up to the hotel room so I can blog!!
I have been at a loss without my internet to surf, e-mail and blog. Whatever did we do before all of this nifty technology? I guess we waited for snail mail to deliver the news. I know there are many reasons God put me in this century - the internet and attention to personal hygiene are just two of them.
So here I am in my hotel at Fort Campbell Kentucky. I know this whole Kentucky/Tennessee thing has been a little confusing for me to explain and I have referenced both states as our new location. So for some clarification: Our address is Kentucky because the post office happens to be located on that side of the border, however most of the base is within Tennessee statelines. When we drive off of the base you are immediately in Clarksville, TN. If you go about 10-15 minutes the other direction you will be in Hopkinsville, KY. So I've nicknamed this general area Kennessee - ain't I clever? (Okay I didn't think of it all on my own). Shawn just came home from poker night with the guys so I'll have to make this one quick and do more later or tomorrow.
So it's not as cold here as it was when Shawn was telling me what to pack, I think it was in the 70's today. I guess I brought some of California with me. The area of Kennessee that we're in doesn't have hills, just flat land when you look out the window. We haven't done much traveling as we don't have all of our belongings, know where anything is (just hooked up the 'net), have been under the weather and had other stuff to take care of. We are hoping to be in our house on base next week, we'll find out for sure tomorrow. It's a townhouse near the PX with a backyard and storage shed - not a new house like we'd hoped for but it has walls, doors, full kitchen and three bedrooms which is a lot more than I can say for the one room hotel. Let's just say things have been challenging with us all in one room - nap and bedtime routines are all outta whack and I don't do so well with things outta whack - mom's need naptime! :)
Okay, have to go spend time with hubby, talk more soon. Thanks for stopping by.



1 comment:
hello, you are a good blogger. i was looking at the army website were you left a messege. my husband is also stationed in fort campbell. are you still looking for a crafty store. well there is a hobbie lobby by exit 4 from i24. well you sound very interesting. well let me tell you about me. i'm a stay at home mom. i have a 2 year old boy. have been living in clarksville for 3 years. my husband is getting deployed for the second time. well anyways still looking to meet people in the area. my email is alondra_65@msn.com. oh yeah my name is alondra haha. i did everything backwards.
Post a Comment