I haven't posted a Sunday Scrappin' for a few weeks because, well, I haven't been scrappin. Even my first two SS posts were on projects I had done while on vacation. I figured with Sunday here and almost gone I wasn't going to be posting today but while the kids took their nap I took opportunity & rewarded my busy cleaning self with some scrappy time. So I have things to show & they are very current, not complete but current. I still have to add journaling & some embellishments but first I have to decide what those are going to be & what I want to journal. I want to add a date stamp for each set of the sleepy photos which means I have to look that up in my photo archive. Like I said, not complete but at least I did something. Sorry for the poor picture quality. My not working so great camera is now actually broken so I had to use my phone. I've been needing to get a new camera but haven't decided on which one. This week I'm deciding & getting one already. If you want to you can click on each picture for a larger view. Onto my ta-da's:So technically the first two pages I did while visiting my dad's over the holidays. My stepmom & I like to cram in some late night scrapping whenever I visit. The first set of pictures were of Lydia when she fell asleep on the couch after nursing. Don't worry - I put her in her crib right after I took the pictures. ;) I think this was April but not positive. The second page has a picture of her sleeping in her crib & the other she fell asleep in her exersaucer - hard work being a baby, I know.
These pages I did today. Continuing where I left off with the sleeping photos - I just LOVE pictures of my babies sleeping. Yes, she is sleeping in a laundry basket. No, this was not a regular occurrence. While in California for my sister's wedding I visited my bff but didn't have a pack-n-play {portable crib} with me, so I used her laundry basket. Hey, it worked! The second page has pictures during the same trip but in a pack-n-play at my grandparents' house. She didn't always suck on her thumb so I had to take a quick pic.
And these are pages I also did while visiting my family in New Mexico over the holidays. This was Easter 2006 so Lydia was baking for about 3 months and Michael was almost 2. Scrapping these photos was bitter-sweet therapy for me. It was the last Easter with my mom & celebrated with the man who killed her. He may have taken my mom but he won't take my memories, so I scrapped through the tears. This page also needs journaling & embellishments.
My to-do's: I'll start small & say that I'd like to finish these pages {journaling & embellishments} and at least start another spread. I've had the goal of reorganizing my stuff but that's just not going to happen until I get shelves in the laundry room so I'll wait for that.
This week's bonus question: What are your favorite crafts sites? They can be blogs, commercial sites, or forums? Oh boy! Get ready for some linky love! I like finding ideas for projects & quotes/songs at Two Peas in a Bucket, I get sketch ideas & challenges {that I don't actually do often enough} at Sisterhood of Scrap, I LOVE the work of the scrappy chick at Scrapping Servant. More sites that I check out for sketch ideas & inspiration are Pencil Lines, Sketch This & Little Book of Sketches.
Thanks for visiting! Click on the button above to see other scrappers & what they've accomplished or to join in the fun yourself.
These pages I did today. Continuing where I left off with the sleeping photos - I just LOVE pictures of my babies sleeping. Yes, she is sleeping in a laundry basket. No, this was not a regular occurrence. While in California for my sister's wedding I visited my bff but didn't have a pack-n-play {portable crib} with me, so I used her laundry basket. Hey, it worked! The second page has pictures during the same trip but in a pack-n-play at my grandparents' house. She didn't always suck on her thumb so I had to take a quick pic.
And these are pages I also did while visiting my family in New Mexico over the holidays. This was Easter 2006 so Lydia was baking for about 3 months and Michael was almost 2. Scrapping these photos was bitter-sweet therapy for me. It was the last Easter with my mom & celebrated with the man who killed her. He may have taken my mom but he won't take my memories, so I scrapped through the tears. This page also needs journaling & embellishments.
My to-do's: I'll start small & say that I'd like to finish these pages {journaling & embellishments} and at least start another spread. I've had the goal of reorganizing my stuff but that's just not going to happen until I get shelves in the laundry room so I'll wait for that.
This week's bonus question: What are your favorite crafts sites? They can be blogs, commercial sites, or forums? Oh boy! Get ready for some linky love! I like finding ideas for projects & quotes/songs at Two Peas in a Bucket, I get sketch ideas & challenges {that I don't actually do often enough} at Sisterhood of Scrap, I LOVE the work of the scrappy chick at Scrapping Servant. More sites that I check out for sketch ideas & inspiration are Pencil Lines, Sketch This & Little Book of Sketches.
Thanks for visiting! Click on the button above to see other scrappers & what they've accomplished or to join in the fun yourself.









7 comments:
Big Hugs!! I know it must have hard to get threw your Easter page. I love the sleeping baby pages. They look so beautiful and peaceful!!
Have a great week.
Good for you that you got to "sneak" a little scrappy time! :) I've been working mine in after everyone is in bed lately. I really like the DP and the combination of colors in the "Rock A Bye Baby" layout.
Yay! You were able to sneak in some scrapbooking time for yourself. I really like the colors of the papers you chose. :) We have a picture of our son in a laundry basket too. :)
I'm glad that you were able to scrapbook the Easter pictures, I'm sure that wasn't easy. I have some difficult pictures I need to scrap, but I keep putting it off. I think I will do that soon though.
Have a wonderful week! :)
LOL I LOOOOVE sleeping baby pictures! I laughed when I saw her in that laundry basket and wondered if that was my house or a more frequent occurance ;-) Your layouts are SO CUTE! I'm sorry you had to think about 'him' and how emotional it must be. I think you are so strong and am so proud of you.
I can't wait to see your layouts all done next week :-D and YAY NEW CAMERA!!!
I enjoyed looking at your layouts. Can't wait to see them all done!
Hope you can find a new camera soon! I don't know what I'd do without mine!
Wow, what a hard task to scrap your mom's photo with the person responsible for taking her life. I'm so sorry you had to go through this Rebecca! Your scrapbooks are beautiful and I'm amazed you're able to take time to do such a great job at it!
Thanks for stopping by my blog. You have such an adorable baby, sleeping pictures are always my favorite :) Looking at your layouts made me want to scrap, I haven't done it in such a long time because I have no time...
Post a Comment