Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Talk About My New Camera

Well, it's late Tuesday but at least it's still Tuesday which is better than I did for my Sunday 'meme'. My new camera arrived via the big brown truck Monday - oh how I LOVE getting packages from the big brown truck - even when it's just my Mary Kay order. Receiving packages are SO much fun!

For those who don't know or haven't noticed the lack of clear pictures around here I've been without a well working camera since July - and without a less than well working camera since September. I don't know exactly what happened but I'm sure it included many drops & some exposure to water - bad camera mommy! I know! It started with the flash not working which turned into blurry photos and eventually the thing wouldn't turn on or zoom out correctly and finally it really broke.


But that's all come to an end with my new PINK camera, you can read the specs by clicking the picture of the camera but I bought mine on e-bay {yes, brand new in packaging} and spent less even with shipping. I think my favorite part, aside from photo clarity & the fact that it actually works, is the large viewing screen on the back, so much bigger than my old camera.

Today it snowed and I took some pictures of the kids running around in the falling snow flakes. They had fun for about 5ish minutes until my fingers started to freeze - literally and I said it was time to come in. They of course had much warmer jackets on than I did so they were fine and having fun. But it turns cold & dark quick around here. I'm hoping that tomorrow I can take more pictures of them playing in the snow since there's a nice white sheet out in the grass now, just hope it doesn't melt off too quickly. Don't be too critical of the pictures, I'm a little out of practice & my kids aren't used to hearing me say "look this way, smile, no look at mommy, sit still for one second" and cared much more about the snow than the camera. I also still need to read the manual and learn about exposure since I have control over that with this camera. I'm sure you'll see much of my learning though. :D And those white dots you see are snowflakes, not a funky camera error.



Thanks for visiting! To see what other people are talking about click the TAT button at the top of this post.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new camera!!

Kimberly McKay said...

Love the pink camera...very cute. Love the photos too. If I show my son the one of your daughter, he may say how cute she is again. LOL!

Jen said...

Yay for fun equipment! I would be lost without my camera, and it's not even a fancy one. Have fun with it!

Rosie said...

I love the brown truck man! I just ordered some new books from creating keepsakes so I am excited!

You can buy earphones about anywhere. They are pretty cheap also. I am sure that there are some tutorials that would help you load music on your mp3. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Kimberly said...

OOH, A new camera! And being pink tops it off!

Lara said...

I want a pink camera!!!

Anonymous said...

I love the pink camera...and it takes such nice photos. Can't wait to see more...

Keri said...

CUTE pictures! I want a pink camera :( lol

tammi said...

New cameras are so much fun!!! I just got a new one too (well, just before Christmas), but still haven't mastered more than the basics. Your pictures are so nice and clear!! Hope your kids got to enjoy more snow this morning!

Erika said...

I recently picked up Coolpix camera in red. I absolutely love mine. I still need to study the manual to learn how to do all the stuff I can do with it. I plan to do that this spring and summer when the weather is better and opportunites of pictures are better. Happy picture taking!!

Andrea said...

LOVE the pink!

Veggiemomof2 said...

Super cute & handy!

Ter said...

yay for new cameras!

btw, I made a mistake in my last comment to you (and it's been bugging me ever since, because I realized it after I shut off the computer and I haven't been back online since!)

Anyway, what I meant to say was we NEVER put syrup in the fridge until we saw that my brother's now ex-girlfriend did. After that I noticed it says right on the bottle that it should be refridgerated after opening, so I have done so ever since! :)

sorry for my oops! :)

hrpeters said...

I love Mickie trying to catch a snowflake and Lydia with her tongue out. I foresee you becoming an accomplished photographer...I'm speaking now as a prophet. I can't believe how much you babies are growing!

Bless you.

Motherwise said...

Don't you love having a camera! Mine isn't pink but I love to capture the moments - like the smiles on your kids' faces. If you want some more snow, let me know. We just got a fresh 10 inches or so.

Christine - Tutorial Addict :) said...

AWWWWW I LOVE IT! I'm so excited for you! And I can't wait to see more pictures of you guys! That one of Lydia's tongue out is PRICELESS!!!! YAY SNOW PICS! YAY *ANY* PICS!!!!

My Cleaning Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones