Sunday, March 9, 2008

If you haven't seen enough snow...

I've got more for you! Averaging eight inches more if you were curious. So Friday night I was up late watching the snow fall and trying to be artsy with my camera. Yesterday I took the kids out a few times between running clothes through the dryer. No, I wasn't catching up on laundry {like I should have been} but rather drying the same clothing so we could go play again. Michael LOVED it, as I knew he would, but Lydia didn't have as much fun this time. Considering the snow was about 1/3 her height I don't blame her. It was higher in some places from snow drifts & lower in other places like under the tree. It was such a beautiful sight to wake up to, the field out back & yard/street out front covered by a clean sheet of white powdery snow. Our backyard doesn't look so smooth & clean as other yards but we had a lot of fun. Lydia did walk around some and played with some of the sand toys we have - works great for snow too! Michael built snow castles, made angels in the snow, tasted some clean bits & tromped around as much as he could. So here's a little pictorial of our day starting out with opening the back door, looking at the front yard & snow covered street, and playing with the kids. Yes, I made a snow angel too. Michael shared an Eskimo kiss with me.








I tried to post this Saturday but blogger was giving me error issues - first with getting to the site and then with uploading pictures. Thanks for visiting!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you saw the snow for an opportunity for fun! Blogspot was giving me trouble yesterday too.

Christine - Tutorial Addict :) said...

AWWWWW! Looks like so much fuN! Your pictures are so freakin cute, I love the snow angels! Looks soooo pretty! Can't wait to see the scrappy pages you make with these!

tammi said...

Let me know once you're ready for more and I'll send another shipment!! Looks like you had a great time!

Kimberly said...

Looks like you have some great photos!

Sherry said...

I miss the snow. H keeps saying she wants to go play in the snow. I wonder if she'd love it as much as Michael does, or think it much colder in person ;) Hopefully, we'll get the chance to see... maybe next year.

Have fun for us! :)

Motherwise said...

We got about 18 inches of snow and I am about sick of it but it looks like your kiddos aren't. I thought of you last week. I bought some great drawer organziers and my socks and undie drawer are these great works of art. I almsot wanted to take a photo and show you as I know you are the queen or getting organized!

Melanie Faith said...

Snow... I miss snow. How lovely. If only there was such a thing as warm snow.

Hey, how'd you get a picture behind your song list? You're smart.

Kristen Andrews said...

Cute pics the kids look like they are having so much fun!

wfbdoglover said...

Looks like you had a great time! Our winter consisted of one snow storm with 21 inches and we are almost to 80 for the season. A record breaker for sure this season.

I love your snow angel(s) - human and snow ones!

Anonymous said...

Loved this post, it's always good to see faces. And I think it's funny that the kids are playing in snow with sand toys!

My Cleaning Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones