It's Tuesday and I'm talkin'! Wait - don't go, I promise I won't talk about snow anymore. Not like I did here, here, here or over here. Trust me, I never thought I'd be talking about or taking so many pictures of snow here in Kennessee. Also, I've never lived somewhere that snow was in my backyard, so I had a child like enthusiasm about it.Today I'm going to talk about something much more interesting - packaging tape. I know! Intriguing isn't it? No really, there's a lot more to packaging tape than securing boxes, I promise. You still with me? Great, thanks. :sigh of relief: With my husband overseas I take advantage of a military mailing kit. You call this number, press option #1 a couple times and then a nice person tells you about when to expect your package. It's really a great thing. The kit comes with 6 priority mail boxes {two different sizes}, labels & customs forms {yes, you still need customs forms when sending items to an APO/FPO address even though shipping rates are the same as domestic} and a roll of priority mail packaging tape.
I don't think even the most extreme taper of packages could use a whole roll on 6 boxes so I've found some other handy uses for the tape. Some of those things I've taken pictures of to share with you. I've also used it to seal a box when it was opened on the wrong end but didn't think to take a picture of it - or I didn't have my new camera yet, not sure which. Either way, this isn't about sealing boxes it's about other uses so here you go.
Another thing that happens when you are military {and live on post} is your whole house {minus the kitchen and bathroom} has grocery store flooring. I'm sure I've mentioned the ugly floors before. Anyways, a whole house of hard surface is challenging to keep clean with two little ones tracking crumbs and whatnot from outside. Pushing around a mop & bucket then drying the floors with a towel {because I'm nothing if not professional} gets really old when the floors don't even look great afterwards. So I got this sw*ffer mop gadget and the battery pack kept falling off so rather than breaking the thing in three pieces and throwing it out {like I was tempted to} I reached for the packaging tape. Voila! Problem solved.
Here's something we can all relate to. The battery clip being dropped one thousand too many times finally causing a small injury that results in the clip falling off constantly. What was once an annoyance is now just slightly less attractive. And holds better than scotch tape, in my opinion.
Michael loves bread and sometimes tries to help himself to some when {he thinks} I'm not looking. On such an occasion the bag suffered an injury & the bread would have been left to awful demise. Thanks to the packaging tape the bread stayed fresh & my son learned a lesson about asking mom first.
Here you can't see the tape but it's behind those paint samples that I am {was} considering painting the kitchen. I still think about painting but then I really think of all that would entail and I start thinking about something else. So we'll see if that ever actually happens. But I do know that my samples are secure on my wall {until I'm secure in my decision} thanks to the packaging tape.
I also think the tape will be good to me in helping fix my loose cord issues so I'll try it out tomorrow. Okay, so maybe talking about snow is more interesting than talking about packaging tape. I think these are things I'll look back on and laugh at when thinking about my life as a military wife. Not that military families are the only families with packaging tape on hand but with these mailing kits I'd say we've got the corner market on it and plenty to find good uses for.
Thanks for visiting! Maybe if you come back I'll have something more intriguing to talk about another day - or not, not making any promises on that one. ;) If you want to see more interesting things other people are talking about or share something of your own click on the button above.
I also think the tape will be good to me in helping fix my loose cord issues so I'll try it out tomorrow. Okay, so maybe talking about snow is more interesting than talking about packaging tape. I think these are things I'll look back on and laugh at when thinking about my life as a military wife. Not that military families are the only families with packaging tape on hand but with these mailing kits I'd say we've got the corner market on it and plenty to find good uses for.
Thanks for visiting! Maybe if you come back I'll have something more intriguing to talk about another day - or not, not making any promises on that one. ;) If you want to see more interesting things other people are talking about or share something of your own click on the button above.



14 comments:
Way to mulit-task that tape!
I like your playlist.
I love Lost too. Thursday is my favorite day of the week right now.
LOLOL OMG GIRL ... I was ROFL when I read that! Thanks for telling us all the wonderful uses for packaging tape!! I'm sure I'll never forget...no matter how hard I might try ;-)
What's not to love about packing tape! I want to talk about snow and how it's finally melting. Finally!!!
OH MY I AM LAUGHING!!! You are too funny! I just thought of a cool idea with those paint samples....if you go get enough of them then you can use your TAPE and make a whole wall of color and brighten up the place...LOL then you never have to decide on one and anything in the room will match as it is a modge podge of color tee hee!
OK I'm lame! Great post! Thanks fort the giggle! Was so warm out today you will be posting about the heatwave in no time!
PS. Pardon me, handyman's secret weapon!
Those are some great uses for tape! I see you didn't cover leg hair removal. ha ha! gross and ouch!
You are going to paint your kitchen and you live on post... woohooo!
you are a brave lady. I have never painted in housing before. I have debated doing that starched fabric on the walls, but we never seem to live somewhere long enough to do it!
Twist-ties like used for closing bread will work better on the wires :)
Finally! Another person who likes packing tape as much as me. Of course, in our house it is mostly used for repairing covers that have been torn off books. It's also useful for patching holes in screens so bugs don't fly in when you have your windows open.
Who knew that packing tape could be so versatile?? LOL!
It's even more fun if you have a tape gun.... ;)
This is a cute and funny blog! I love it! Being in Wisconsin, I am glad to read about tape over snow!
I wonder if it helps get ice off the driveway.
lol. This is funny!
PS- aren't the floors in military housing awful?! Oh my gosh. I's love to see the person who made the decision to put 70s style linoleum throughout an entire house LIVE in that house for a year! It's horrid.
You could always get those stickey tiles at Home Depot and cover them up. You buy the tiles, peel back the backing (or use your extra tape) and lay them down. As you get to the end, you may have to cut some. That part I am not very confident in. Cutting them straight.
Post a Comment