Several of you have left me sweet comments saying that you have thought about me at various times, usually after hearing news about the goings on in Iraq and several have also given me encouraging comments about how well I'm doing and how strong I am and you don't know how I do it. When people tell me they don't know how they do it, being a married single mom, I usually reply that I take things one day at a time and I just do it because, well I have to. There really isn't an option not to do 'it' unless I wanted us to starve and end up with no clothing in a dirty house and no social life. Obviously that's not really a choice. So I do it. But I don't always do it well or as well as I could.
Today was one of those days. It started out fine meeting up with some other wives for coffee, playing with the kids in the park and then running a couple of quick errands. And then I'm not sure what happened. Michael didn't take his nap {usually only does max of three days out of the week}, Lydia woke up early with an exploded diaper while I was chatting with the hubs online, three doorbell interruptions in the middle of all that, kids getting into things making more of a mess than there was and being behind on housework - all of it just seemed to pile on. I also realized in the middle of that that our registration on the vehicle I'm driving {other is on non op since I don't need two cars right now} has expired and I haven't received anything in the mail about it.
I was frustrated, overwhelmed, kicking myself for getting behind on various things and cramping - which never helps anything. Michael argued with me on everything he could, at least twice which upset me and 'bad mommy' guilt followed. Most of today was a day that I just try to get through each hour looking forward to the kids' bedtime and dreading it all at the same time because it means the house will be quiet & I would be 'alone'. It's a good time to get caught up around the house but also my time to relax and unwind. So for now that's what I'm doing, unwinding. The other stuff can wait.
Thanks for visiting. And I truly thank you all for your supportive & encouraging comments you often leave. Tomorrow will be a new day with a fresh start and I look forward to that.
Today was one of those days. It started out fine meeting up with some other wives for coffee, playing with the kids in the park and then running a couple of quick errands. And then I'm not sure what happened. Michael didn't take his nap {usually only does max of three days out of the week}, Lydia woke up early with an exploded diaper while I was chatting with the hubs online, three doorbell interruptions in the middle of all that, kids getting into things making more of a mess than there was and being behind on housework - all of it just seemed to pile on. I also realized in the middle of that that our registration on the vehicle I'm driving {other is on non op since I don't need two cars right now} has expired and I haven't received anything in the mail about it.
I was frustrated, overwhelmed, kicking myself for getting behind on various things and cramping - which never helps anything. Michael argued with me on everything he could, at least twice which upset me and 'bad mommy' guilt followed. Most of today was a day that I just try to get through each hour looking forward to the kids' bedtime and dreading it all at the same time because it means the house will be quiet & I would be 'alone'. It's a good time to get caught up around the house but also my time to relax and unwind. So for now that's what I'm doing, unwinding. The other stuff can wait.
Thanks for visiting. And I truly thank you all for your supportive & encouraging comments you often leave. Tomorrow will be a new day with a fresh start and I look forward to that.



9 comments:
Sounds exactly like my day yesterday. Different issues, of course, but the same frazzled, overwhelmed, coming apart at the seams feeling. I'm VERY ready to have my husband home again!!
Aw honey, I'm sorry your day was so tough. I know what you mean about looking forward to kid's bedtime and the 'mommy guilt'. I'm glad you are (were) relaxing and looking forward to your fresh start, I think that's all you can do sometimes. I can imagine dreading the quiet and being alone, so any time you need someone, you can call me! :-D
:( I hope today was a better day for you. It can be rough when hubby is away. Just think though- even though it was a bad day, it's still one day closer to having him home!
I'm sorry you had such a challenging day. I will think of you when I have such days myself. Although, I will not have the messy diaper that you mentioned - fortunately.
You both serve our country! May we not forget the wives, besides the men who so bravely serve.
God bless you and your husband.
Hi there....I love your playlist. Hope the past day has been better. We all yell at our kids and are bad mommies from time to time but we are only human. As long as we take the time to apologize and cuddle and kiss them, I think they forgive. You're a great mommy...you just have a tough row to hoe right now.
I hope you're doing better! I totally understand about mommy guilt...that's the worst. I'm so sorry.
Hang in there! I am one of those folks that cannot imagine how this is for you, but I am here to support and help you... even if it is just by leaving random, quirky comments on your blog :)
((hug))
I hope things have gone better since this post.
You had me all teary as I read the part of you looking forward to the kids' bedtimes but at the same time dreading it...
Post a Comment