The other day I made Michael a pb&j for lunch - he loves these sandwiches. So he was in the living room eating his sandwich & apparantly thought it would be a good idea to put the sandwich on the couch. I don't know if Lydia's been eying his sandwiches for a while or just took opportunity presented to her but she grabbed hold of that sandwich and started squishing it between her fingers and get a taste. Michael of course is only concerned about the loss of his sandwich and cries out "oh no, sissy butter". My first thought was to grab it out of her hands - but of course I had to take a few pictures first - she wasn't choking so it was okay. After cleaning the jelly off of her pants, wiping her sticky hands & face she nursed and took her afternoon nap. I don't know how much of the sandwich she actually swallowed but she got a good taste for sure.
Onto the meme. Melanie got me with this music one. I'm supposed to write out a list of seven songs that I am currently addicted to. I like lists and I like music so I think I'll do okay. Now, she was a little fancy with her list and put links to the songs so you could hear them yourself. I'll try to do that but I'm not so fancy with this stuff and I'm sure most of you are and can find the songs online wherever all the songs online are kept. So we'll see how it goes. Okay, now I've got to start by explaining a couple of things. I'm not a big CD collector, I have some but not a large collection and most of the music I hear is on the radio in my car. Occasionally I'll tune into the Yahoo music launch cast on my instant messenger thing. I would listen to my CD's more often at home if I had my boombox out, dvd player hooked up to the tv and/or found my speakers for my computer. My favorite times to listen to music is while driving and cleaning the house. I'll do my best to come up with my top 7 songs. I really like a lot of songs but I'm sure I can narrow it down. Here it goes in no particular order:
1. "Made to Worship" by Chris Tomlin, actually what I've heard of his album 'See the Morning' I like the whole thing but this one is my favorite. It came out on the radio while Shawn was away at training and I would think of him whenever I heard it.
2. "My Savior My God" by Aaron Shust, and this is another artist that I love all his work that I've heard. This song is from his album 'Anything Worth Saying', I haven't heard his new album yet but am excited to.
3. "Made to Love" by Toby Mac, originally from another band I like - DC Talk, Toby Mac has a fun punk/rap style. He sings about what we were created for, to love & be loved by God.
4. "More Than Fine" by Switchfoot, this has been a favorite of mine for a few years now. I also like a lot of their other songs. This talks about wanting more than just settling for fine or okay in life. I think everyone desires to succeed, I want to succeed in the plans God has for me.
5. "Praise You In This Storm" by Casting Crowns. This song has helped me to get through many challenges. During marital problems, separation from Shawn, the loss of my mom - God is God and I will continue to praise Him regardless of circumstance.
6. "King" by Tree63. Again, another band that I like overall and this is one of my favorites. It's a worship song set to rock music.
7. "Mountain of God" by Third Day. This is another song that helped me to get through challenging times without running away from the Lord.
Well, there's seven as required by the meme. As I was searching I found a lot more songs that I really enjoy. As you can see I like music that affects me personally or speaks to me in some way. I don't have a set 'style' but am mostly into rock. I also like songs that aren't Christian in nature but these are my top 7, and I'm really bad about remembering the names to songs and/or artists who sing them so it's hard for me to find them online. I hope that the links work for everyone, if you download Rhapsody you should be able to hear them. If not like I said above if you want to find them I'm sure you can find them a lot more easily yourself. Now lets see...who do I want to tag?
- Christine - I know you can do music stuff online ;)
- Sherry
- Wornoutwoman






5 comments:
My son loves Toby Mac and so do I. He is always asking for 'made to love you' song. It's a great selection! Have I told you that I'm so glad I found your site???
I.LOVE.THOSE.PICTURES! They are just tooo funny! She's gonna be takin his toys next thing you know and you'll have to referee! I love your choice of songs and I'm so glad it's been able to help you navigate some of your emotions and help you build your faith. I guess I'm gonna have to get going on this thing now too huh, oh and the last one and the one you have yet to pass on! YIKES!
Hey there dear one!
It's wonderful to log on and read what is happening in your lives and to see the babies growing up. Know that you are deeply loved and missed and that there are always people here in your old home church who will lift you up in prayer.
good songs! & CUTE pics. just wait till she gets to the *squeezy juice boxes. lol ;)
We're moving over the next few days so PLEASE keep us in your prayers. And if for some reason I can't get online I hope you have a great week!
oooh & tell melanie that I will get that tag up;)
I've always liked "My Savior My God." We sing that one at church on occasion. Good song.
Post a Comment