Thursday, July 5, 2007

And This is How We Celebrated

This morning I put Michael in the bathtub to keep him busy {and clean} while I decorated for his birthday. When he came downstairs and saw the streamers up and confetti on the table he said, “Wow! Birthday Party!” If he had been fully dressed and I had been prepared you would see a picture of this reaction, but there is none. While Shawn was home between PT and work we had a pancake party. Michael <3’s st="on">Lydia down for a nap while Michael and I bowled. Shawn had asked him what he wanted to do today and he said bowling. Since we’re doing that next week we used his little set and bowled at home. We both had lots of fun. Shawn was home for a while again so after lunch we went to the fantastic park down the street. I think I’ve mentioned this park before, the one with the great play equipment and Starbucks on sight – it now has a water play area also. This park will get me through the summer! Oh and the kids too. :P Anyway at first Michael was timid to play in the water but with a little coaxing {read: running through water while holding him} from me & daddy he got into it and was running through and splashing around all on his own. Shawn got in on the fun when about a half a dozen kids tagged team him in a water fight. I am glad to say that my hubby did not instigate this battle, sad to say however that they left him drenched.

Happy birthday my sweet son, Mommy & Daddy love you so much! May God bless you in your third year and continue to shape you into the wonderful little man you are growing into. And maybe slow down a little – please? For mommy?

**Note: This is another multiple post day, to read more about Michael’s birthday see the post below.**

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey do you have a myspace account? If you do....you can see my fourth slide show on my page.
You guys look like you had so much fun!! Thankfully yesterday was the only day it didn't rain too bad in OK. Light sprinkles....

Anonymous said...

Don't worry, the growing up isn't so bad...he'll always be your baby, even if he is taller than you.

Christine - Tutorial Addict :) said...

AWWWWWW sounds like you guys really had a great time! LOVE PANCAKE PARTY! I think I love that water fun park! We have like that here but its like 30 minutes away so we haven't gone much, but mad sure had fun when we did! Awwww, they have MORE in common! You think being MILs to each other kids will ruin our relationship? ;-)

P said...

Motherhood is sucha pleasure!

My Cleaning Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones