Saturday, July 7, 2007

Back to Cali {part 6}

They Are Husband & Wife!

Finally! The highly anticipated wedding photos. What I have is limited, just what was taken on mine, my step mom's & grandmother's cameras. I'll have a CD of the professional photos after they are done and share a few I'm sure. The wedding ceremony was beautiful & almost went off without a hitch. I say almost because of two things: 1) us girls were a little late in getting ready so the ceremony started a little late 2) the flower girl (my little sister) refused to walk out. I think she was shy and overwhelmed by the large crowd. Even with that it was a beautiful day! Here is all of us pretty bridesmaids. Have I told you about the trouble we had getting our dresses? I'll give you the short version. I was moving out of state, another bridesmaid already lived out of state & a third was out of the country doing missionary training in Brazil. So we had to guess on one of the dress sizes, get info faxed from another & I had to cross my fingers that I'd lose the rest of my baby weight. Chriss was local so she had it the easiest. Since we couldn't all shop together & Rachelle wanted all of the dresses to be the same color we got a style in hopes that everyone would look & feel great in them. And we did! Here's a photo of the absent flower girl spreading flowers after the ceremony. My grandma made her dress, isn't it pretty? Similar to us girls but opposite - pink over brown rather than brown over pink. After the ceremony we took some family photos. Our large family was up first because of all the kids. This is the first photograph that has our whole family in it. For some reason at my wedding Shawn & Michael weren't in the large family photo. Plus since then I've added a baby, Carrie has added two and now Shell has added a husband. So from oldest to youngest I will list off the family. My dad Michael, stepmom Carrie, my hubby Shawn & myself, Rachelle & Jake {yes, she's a few months older than him}, Kevin, Christian, Caleb, Josiah, Hannah, my son Michael, Chloe, my daughter Lydia & Elijah. Wow! That's a mouthful. You can click on the photo for a larger view. I'm hoping the photographer caught one with more of them looking at the camera - that is quite the task! During the reception we toasted them, they cut the cake, danced & drove off to their honeymoon. Okay, there was a little more to that like the bouquet & garter toss and the constant going in & out of the reception to take more pictures, the whole bridal party got to participate in that. And the first time they only drove off in the car for photos as there were even more bridal party pictures to take after that. We almost lost one bridesmaid in the confusion of it all & did lose two bouquets.

It was a great day of celebration. Only one thing was missing - my mom. There was a pretty memorial table set up in her honor with a photograph of her & Rachelle when Rachelle was trying on dresses. The photographers edited out the other people, changed the background & made it look really nice. There was a beautiful flower arrangement of various shades of purple - her favorite color and pinks & a purple candle that Rachelle & Jake lit early in the reception. I had a bittersweet sort of feeling. Happy for my sister and sad that my mom couldn't be there to celebrate with her & watch her youngest daughter get married.



**Another multiple post day, scroll down for more**

1 comment:

Christine - Tutorial Addict :) said...

Awwww suck pretty pictures! I love the one of their kiss, nicely done. It was chaotic sometimes but it was a great day. I was thinking the same thing about what was missing though, your mom. I felt her there though in spirit, and she is so much a part of the two of you.

My Cleaning Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones