Monday, July 2, 2007

Back to Cali {part 4}

I'm on a roll tonight - scroll down for more new posts!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sand, Sun & Surf


Take in a deep breath and slowly exhale, ahh...the beach. How I have missed you. Okay, so I may be exaggerating a little here. I didn't think I'd miss going to the beach since I didn't go very much before but as we were driving near the ocean and the sweet salty wind was blowing through my hair I remembered what I was missing. Though I wasn't a frequent visitor it was nice knowing that only a short drive away was an endless blue horizon, warm sand between my toes and the sun on my face.

Of course this visit with the kids meant a lot less {read: none whatsoever} time lounging on the beach and more {read: every moment} keeping my eyes on Michael near the water & Lydia eating sand. {I'm looking at her interest as curiosity and not a complaint about her current food source.} Michael LOVED the beach and has asked to go back a couple times already. So Lydia ate sand, Michael built sandcastles {even one for his sissy - how sweet is that!} and ran through the waves {2 inches of water along the shore}. Everybody had a great time.

When we had managed to get sand into every space & place possible {I found sand in my lip gloss that I didn't open while we were there, but my digital camera? Still works!} we headed into the city. Our first stop was Polly Ann's ice-cream shop. this place has an interesting & wide variety of flavors. From the usual chocolate chip, strawberry & oreo cookie to the not so usual gummi bear, champagne sherbert and rum raisin - and the even more interesting green tea, lychee & durian. The kids had a great time, esp Lydia who thought I was in need of an ice-cream treatment for my hair. :/ then it was off to Pier 39 where we had dinner at Bubba Gump's. I had the most delicious shrimp stuffed with crab, baked in garlic & butter, topped with monterey jack cheese and served with jasmine rice. I just know your mouth is watering right now and let me tell you, it tasted twice as good as it sounds. Before heading back home we stopped at Ghiridalli's for a milkshake.

P.S. While we were waiting to be seated {12 +2 babies takes a while to be seated} Michael was dancing and caught the attention of other diners. One lady waiting even took his picture! I was about to say something {like: that'll be $5} but she didn't take anymore.

I've linked to some of these places realizing that everyone isn't from California and may not know what I'm referencing. Check them out, they are fun!

By the way, I <3 Photobucket! It's so great to put up a slide show of photos when I've got a lot to display.




Powered by ScribeFire.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Rebecca, sounds like you had an awesome time! I lurv the beach myself and have missed it as it's winter here now!I love reading about your vacation! It makes me think I need one too:P

Anonymous said...

What great pictures! Looks like you had a fabulous time, despite the 'organized' chaos!

Christine - Tutorial Addict :) said...

I LOVE the pics! And the stories. It sounds like a heck of a trip! And that was just ONE DAY! Next time I got there I gotta try this Polly Ann's place, and the milk shake sounds great too! I miss the beach too, just hearing you talk about it make me ITCH to go back!

My Cleaning Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones