I was "tagged" by Tam from Mommy's Getaway to repost a previously written post. I took a long time to actually do this but now it is done. I wasn't sure which one to post but decided on the one below. It's a quick read but shows you the troubles I sometimes have with directions and driving. Also, I still feel the same way here - a little out of place and trying to find my way. Though I think I could find the scrapbook , well maybe. Oh and this is the post that Heather & I met and began exchanging e-mails and reading each other's blogs. Come back soon Heather! Rather than tagging people I'll leave this as an open challenge. Anyone who wants to dig an old post out, blow off the dust & post it for all to see let me know that you are so I can visit & read. Normally I would tag and all but honestly I just don't have the time right now.
Thanks for stopping by! Oh and it's another multiple post day, I had some time this morning & finally posted about our Fourth of July celebration - scroll down to see!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Thanks for stopping by! Oh and it's another multiple post day, I had some time this morning & finally posted about our Fourth of July celebration - scroll down to see!
Mission Impossible??
Well, I did it. I braved the roads on my own. I was on a mission this morning - to find a scrapbook store in this new town of mine. After my last attempt that ended with a closed down store I was desperate to find a store with people who shared my interest - (who am I kidding) share my obsession, some hope of an outlet and place to meet other women as crazy about scrappin as I. For those of you who have ever tried getting directions from or giving directions to me you know that it's no small feat when I find a new location. I finally got the kids into the car with my handy (and oh so reliable) yahoo/mapquest directions. I don't know what's more to blame, the directions being different from exit & street signs or my wrong turn after the gas station. I do know that the smartest thing I did was buy a map at the gas station (along with gas or I would have run out I'm sure), so I took the more scenic hour and a half long route but I did find the scrapbook store - yay! Since we had spent so much time in the car I didn't have a lot of time to browse the store but got a good look around and was impressed. Got one item I needed and a couple I didn't ; ) On the way home I reset my mile marker in the car (and that's the technical term) to find that the direct route was only about 17 miles... But I made it and now I think I know the right, well faster way to get there next time. Plus it gave me something to blog about. I won't be defeated!
Thanks for stopping by for a visit. Oh and notice the new links I have to the right - some other great blogs and my Mary Kay.
Thanks for stopping by for a visit. Oh and notice the new links I have to the right - some other great blogs and my Mary Kay.



i've had fun reading your blog:) i just randomly found it. my brother in law was stationed at that same base when i was a teenager ... my sis had 1 baby and is a mama's girl sooo i stayed with her for the summers. that brought back memories:) i hope your new adventure is full of grace love and peace.
in Him, heather
I, too, know about driving in a strange place and looking for something that takes forever to find! I'm so glad you found the scrapbook store. Finding something you enjoy and are familiar with makes it feel a little more like home, doesn't it? Good luck exploring!