I know I am a day early but we had a little egg hunt for Michael in our backyard today - wow! that sounds so nice to say 'our backyard'. We didn't tell him it was the Easter bunny, we just told him he could do an egg hunt. I'm not sure if he remembered from last year or not because he was excited about it but then we had to explain it a little. He had so much fun and Shawn loved hiding the eggs and watching him 'hunt'. Funny that they call it a hunt, it's more of a search - you never (at least I never) see little kids going out with bow & arrow or guns (water, potato, beebee - whatever) and hoping for a big 'kill'. Although that would be a fun twist to the whole thing. I'm also not sure how a big bunny & eggs got brought into this whole Easter thing anyway. I heard from someone, probably my gramma who just knows stuff like this, that the eggs represent new life (resurrection, new life in Christ) but how the bunny & hiding the eggs started - who knows. I do know that I am thankful for the resurrection of and new life in Christ, that he gave his life so that whosoever believes will be saved & have everlasting life. I am thankful that my mom received that before her passing so that one day I will be reunited with her. Tomorrow we will all get dressed up for church (not a normal thing for us) and celebrate that resurrection. We don't have to dress up but it's a good photo op so why not? I hope you all enjoy the day and take time to remember the sacrifice that was made for us all, not one is exempt from need of His saving grace. Here are some photos from today's activities.
Checking out a new church tomorrow? I hope you find "it"! :) Great family photos of the day's celebratory festivities. You look (and sound) like you're doing much better today... I hope you are. Love you! M
Happy Easter! Looks like you have had good weather for a hunt... we, on the other hand, have clouds and rain. Oh, well... at least a little rain never stopped the Easter bunny from coming by ;) Seriously, though, I am thinking of you and hope that you continue to heal through the grieving process. Great message in this post, by the way :) God Bless.
Hoppy Easter! I love all the pics and I hope you guys are enjoying the day. You are so strong and I hope being able to "talk" about your feelings has helped at least a little. We all love you so much no matter what and will always support you. Love you Missy!
4 comments:
Checking out a new church tomorrow? I hope you find "it"! :)
Great family photos of the day's celebratory festivities. You look (and sound) like you're doing much better today... I hope you are.
Love you! M
Happy Easter! Looks like you have had good weather for a hunt... we, on the other hand, have clouds and rain. Oh, well... at least a little rain never stopped the Easter bunny from coming by ;) Seriously, though, I am thinking of you and hope that you continue to heal through the grieving process. Great message in this post, by the way :) God Bless.
Hoppy Easter! I love all the pics and I hope you guys are enjoying the day. You are so strong and I hope being able to "talk" about your feelings has helped at least a little. We all love you so much no matter what and will always support you. Love you Missy!
Sounds like you had a great day with your family:) I'm so glad! Hope today brought just as much (or more) joy.
Happy Easter!
Heather
Post a Comment