
I've been tagged! Melanie got me this time with this Gotta Get Goals meme. According to the directions I'm supposed to list 5-10 goals that if I reached I could truly say I have achieved my wildest dreams in life. I don't know about you but this seems like a fairly daunting task. First off, I've never been all that big of a 'dreamer'. Some aspire to see their name in lights, get that corner office with the great view, cure something or somehow achieve world peace. I'm a fairly simple person, the small things in life bring me joy. Finding a great embellishment to complete my page (usually something I already had but forgot about), capturing that special moment (even a run of the mill day kind of special moment) on camera, getting a phone call from an old friend, finding $5 in my coat from last winter (would be nice if it were $20 but c'mon, I don't keep 20's long enough to forget about them). So I may slightly alter my list and make it 5-10 things that I'd like to accomplish/begin (some things are an ongoing process) within the next two years. At 24 I don't know that I know my wildest dreams anyhow - unless my laundry doing itself is actually attainable (that's a little sad that laundry is anywhere near the phrase 'wildest dream' So here it goes in no particular order.
Well, I'm sure there are plenty of other aspirations I could list but 5 is a nice round number so I'll stick to that. Now it's your turn to share your goals. Be sure to check out the original meme at the link in the beginning of this post for detailed information.
1. Financial Security: beyond having an income & being able to pay the bills it would be great if we had a good savings built up, could splurge on vacations, and buy furniture that doesn't require a slipcover or paint or some other fix up. I don't need to have everything gold plated or platinum but being able to go buy a new outfit or item for the house without feeling guilty would be great. More importantly the savings though, should an emergency come up, as they have before with car breakdowns and what not - it would be nice to not feel so much stress when coming up with money to take care of it.
2. Planting Our Roots: Shawn & I are really starting to think about buying. I thought needing a lawnmower for our own backyard was a big step but buying a house would be a very 'grown up' thing to do. For starters I could paint or knock down walls, tear up floors, or plant a tree if I wanted to. Second it's a great investment (typically). Since we'll be here for a few years and maybe a couple on top of that we figure it will be a good opportunity to make such a purchase.
3. Growing Our Family: And not just in numbers - I know, I know - I just had one. But I would like more, at least two - preferably not at the same time. I want our family to be constantly growing into what the Lord wants for our lives, individually and as a unit. I feel that I'm still waiting on a call of some kind of ministry for my life. I realize being home raising my children is the most important work for the Lord I could be doing but I think he's got more for me - just don't know what or when.
4. Raising up My Children: I realize I am already doing this but I strive to do better, as most parents do I'm sure. I want to teach my children about the love & power of Jesus and help them each to find his will for their lives & help them accomplish whatever he has planned for them. Be it college, missionary work, professional career, stay at home mom, or whatever profession. I want them to have a passion in their lives for the Lord & whatever he has planned for them.
5. Successful Marriage: I feel very passionate about taking marriage vows seriously & literally. It says 'till death do us part' not 'till we just don't feel it anymore'. Feelings can change at the drop of a dirty sock not making it into the hamper for the 783,249,304 time - commitment can't. I don't condemn those who have been divorced, but do believe in exhausting every option of reconciliation before doing so. Success is more than "we were miserable but we stayed together gritting our teeth the entire time". I know there's teeth gritting, trust me, but I don't want it all that way. I want to be together & be happy about it. I want my husband & I do be each other's best friend, lover, companion, teammate & better half for the rest of our lives. Even though now the sock has missed the dirty hamper 783,249,305 times - still loving each other.
Tag you're it!:



5 comments:
those are awesome goals. simple. but they show that you are generally very happy with your life. which is a very very good thing. indeezy. lol.
Rebecca, those are great goals. Goals that are all reachable for you and goals that are from a good heart. I know you will accomplish grand things--even if you don't see yourself as one who desires them. :) God has big plans in store for you.
I'm acknowledging that I've been tagged here :) I will take up the challenge...but need a little time to think about it - it is indeed a daunting task!I have a vision/ picture in my mind...I've never actually written goals down on paper that might help me achieve this vision - I guess now is as a good a time as ever :)
Goals SHOULD MAKE YOU SICK IN YOUR GUT and will be worth the sacrifices you must make to achieve them.
Goals should be able to be measured, so you can rejoice in the progress you make, and the success you achieve.
Goals should have a DATE... a start date and end date.
Rebecca, you are one of the most amazing women I have known- you can handle SO much, you are so strong, you are persistent, motivated, intelligent, and creative!
You WILL achieve those Goals!
I want to hear about your WILDEST dreams- the dreams that make you STRETCH your mind, OPEN your heart, TEST your faith, and REACH beyond your belief...
THOSE are the goals & dreams that make life worth the journey and the payoff so much sweeter.
God wanted us to be extraordinary!
I know you'll find those extra $20s and find more than 10 things you'd like to do.
I look forward to hearing your bigger goals. and I'll give you mine!
STRETCH AND REALLY TRUELY DREAM. I believe in you. XOXO
I thought about this at night... you should have 25 top DREAMS and the goals should represent your steps to achieving your dreams.
THAT is what I want to hear about. YOUR DREAMS then your goals.
xoxo
Post a Comment