I was tagged with this meme almost 10 days ago by Leendaluu over at Wit's End. This isn't your run of the mill meme either, she created it herself. Okay so I know we've all heard this question posed at some point in our lives - likely in school - but it's never been a meme as far as I know. To be honest the whole thing kinda shook me up. I went to bed thinking about it, well the first question mostly, and woke up still thinking about it. I'm pretty sure I was dreaming about it but I rarely remember my dreams so I can't be sure, but if I fell asleep & woke up thinking about it there must have been a dream in the middle of that right?Makes sense to me. Anyhow, I think I've processed it enough that I can write about it now. So here it goes.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------1. If you could invite three people to dinner (they can be living, dead or fictional) whom would you invite, and why would you invite them?
A) First I would invite Jesus. To have the opportunity to break bread & drink with Christ himself, no way could I pass that up. I would have a whole list of questions for him; Am I living up to the plans you have for me? Why did my mom have to die? Please don't take my husband from me, keep him safe at war. Of course I'd also praise him for dieing for my sins and ask him stuff that we've all wondered about like: why oh why are there cockroaches?
Second I would invite my mom. She was murdered about 6 months ago by someone that she loved and who claimed to love her, someone we all trusted. What I would give to have one last meal with my mom. Oh how we'd talk. I'd ask her about how she raised such a stubborn strong minded daughter because I'm sure mine will be similar. I'd ask her about that day, what exactly happened and what she was thinking. I'd ask her what heaven is like and though I'm sure she'd have to sign some confidentiality papers the gleam in her eye would tell it all.
Lastly I would invite my sister. Though I talk to her often I couldn't go have dinner with our mom and not invite her as well. That would just be cruel and wrong and she'd never forgive me. I'd want her to share the opportunity to talk with our mom & show her wedding photos. I'd of course bring my scrapbooks & photos. *If I'm inviting them to dinner then I'd invite them to my house so my hubby and kids would be there as well, my kids would be reacquainted with their na-nay and maybe my son would even remember her after it, I think he's forgotten.*
2. At this dinner, what would you serve (meal planning is the key to the soul, I think)?
A) I can be such a *Martha* about things being perfect and what not so I'd clean up the house nice and order out some great food. I'm not talking pizza or Chinese here folks, I mean a catered five course meal with a variety of desserts to choose from. This way we have delicious food and I'm not stressed but can savor every moment of conversation. So I'm not sure what that says about my soul but that's what I'm thinking. I can't even think of specific foods at this point. I'd tell the chef to include a great salad full of fresh veggies & fruit and a delicious dressing and to be sure that at least 3 out of 5 of the desserts had chocolate and at least 1 must be cheesecake - plain or with fruit topping. I guess this just revealed that I'm so not a cook that I can't even think of a full menu but hey, that's what the chef is for right?
3. If you could go back in time and live in any era, which era would you choose?
A) Well, this one is tough for me. I love the era of the Jane Austen novels made into movies: Little Women, Pride & Prejudice, Sense & Sensibility - they all seem to be so romantic and much much simpler. However, the lack of attention to personal hygiene, limited women's rights and no internet does not sound appealing. To be a housewife in the 50's seems like it could be fun. I love the way that they wore pretty dresses and aprons while doing housework so that could be fun but again no internet and women didn't have much say for themselves. I think I really was born in the right era though; I have the internet, showering is strongly encouraged, I can vote my opinion and speak my mind and my life can be romantic and simple at times, plus I can dress up & do housework if I wanted.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So there you have it. I wonder what those last two answers say about me other than the fact that I'm indecisive? I will tag Christine, Nan, & Helen. If I didn't tag you but you still want to join in be sure to let me know so I can read your response. Thanks for the visit!
A) First I would invite Jesus. To have the opportunity to break bread & drink with Christ himself, no way could I pass that up. I would have a whole list of questions for him; Am I living up to the plans you have for me? Why did my mom have to die? Please don't take my husband from me, keep him safe at war. Of course I'd also praise him for dieing for my sins and ask him stuff that we've all wondered about like: why oh why are there cockroaches?
Second I would invite my mom. She was murdered about 6 months ago by someone that she loved and who claimed to love her, someone we all trusted. What I would give to have one last meal with my mom. Oh how we'd talk. I'd ask her about how she raised such a stubborn strong minded daughter because I'm sure mine will be similar. I'd ask her about that day, what exactly happened and what she was thinking. I'd ask her what heaven is like and though I'm sure she'd have to sign some confidentiality papers the gleam in her eye would tell it all.
Lastly I would invite my sister. Though I talk to her often I couldn't go have dinner with our mom and not invite her as well. That would just be cruel and wrong and she'd never forgive me. I'd want her to share the opportunity to talk with our mom & show her wedding photos. I'd of course bring my scrapbooks & photos. *If I'm inviting them to dinner then I'd invite them to my house so my hubby and kids would be there as well, my kids would be reacquainted with their na-nay and maybe my son would even remember her after it, I think he's forgotten.*
2. At this dinner, what would you serve (meal planning is the key to the soul, I think)?
A) I can be such a *Martha* about things being perfect and what not so I'd clean up the house nice and order out some great food. I'm not talking pizza or Chinese here folks, I mean a catered five course meal with a variety of desserts to choose from. This way we have delicious food and I'm not stressed but can savor every moment of conversation. So I'm not sure what that says about my soul but that's what I'm thinking. I can't even think of specific foods at this point. I'd tell the chef to include a great salad full of fresh veggies & fruit and a delicious dressing and to be sure that at least 3 out of 5 of the desserts had chocolate and at least 1 must be cheesecake - plain or with fruit topping. I guess this just revealed that I'm so not a cook that I can't even think of a full menu but hey, that's what the chef is for right?
3. If you could go back in time and live in any era, which era would you choose?
A) Well, this one is tough for me. I love the era of the Jane Austen novels made into movies: Little Women, Pride & Prejudice, Sense & Sensibility - they all seem to be so romantic and much much simpler. However, the lack of attention to personal hygiene, limited women's rights and no internet does not sound appealing. To be a housewife in the 50's seems like it could be fun. I love the way that they wore pretty dresses and aprons while doing housework so that could be fun but again no internet and women didn't have much say for themselves. I think I really was born in the right era though; I have the internet, showering is strongly encouraged, I can vote my opinion and speak my mind and my life can be romantic and simple at times, plus I can dress up & do housework if I wanted.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So there you have it. I wonder what those last two answers say about me other than the fact that I'm indecisive? I will tag Christine, Nan, & Helen. If I didn't tag you but you still want to join in be sure to let me know so I can read your response. Thanks for the visit!



5 comments:
Beautiful response but I'm so sorry for the tragic loss of your mom. You are an amazing woman, Becca, in the way you live and love through this tragedy.
Wow such a tragic loss you've suffered. I feel for you at such a young age to be without the most dominant force in a girl's life...your mom. God bless you for all you do!
I would invite:
Jesus
My grandparents, who are in heaven.
My husband's father, who has also passed and I never had the honor of meeting.
This Meme really got me thinking too. In fact I found the whole experience quite cathartic, I hope it helped you in some way too Becca.
Love MGL xoxo
love it! i did this one too...
oh and i tagged you for a less insightful meme somewhere on my blog...
Very well done Rebecca. I really understand your choices and why. My choices would probably be the same, except I would have invited my father. We'd snap our fingers and angels would serve us anything we wanted to eat. I would have loved to live during the Georgian period in England (like the characters in my story)
Post a Comment